UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: spokes and small wheels (and a missing bolt)

Started by Zog The Undeniable · · Last activity · 2 posts · 400 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
8 May 2005
Last activity
8 May 2005
Original author
Zog The Undeniable
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
400
Views / 30 days
5
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. David Martin said:

    First up, where is a good place to get spokes online? I am about to build up
    a couple of rims for the fixie project. MA3 look like a good deal on Wiggle
    with the £5 e-voucher.

    All Terrain Cycles have a good deal on *black* DT Competition spokes if
    you want to be a fashion victim.

    Quoted message said:

    Whilst I am at it, I want to build the shopper wheels into better rims, ie
    non chrome. I'll shift the chrome ones to the new trailer project. Any
    recommendations for a good place to get cheap alloy rims for a 20" wheel
    (not sure what size jsut yet as I forgot to look - it is a dawes kingpin.)

    St John Street Cycles. Sell your granny because the cheapest ones are
    £24.99 each. Add something cheap to get about the £50 free postage
    limit, or it's another £5!

    Quoted message said:

    And finally, having made a fixed hub by brazingsolid an old cassette freehub
    body, I have gone and lost the fixing bolt (bah!).

    SJSC sell a Sora one which might fit - otherwise try your LBS, the one
    with huge bins full of odds and sods.

  2. I have a couple of 20" wheels that I took off my daughter's old recently
    junked six speed but the wheels are too good to bin. They are fitted
    with new tyres/tubes ( kind of cyclo-X looking things, just the job for
    a shopper ;-) and have seen hardly any use; you are welcome to the pair
    for a nominal fee. I may even be able to arrange free postage for you.

    Mail me off list if you are interested.

    hth,

    Tony B

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.