Re: Stripped crank arm

Pete Grey

Guest
If you have *any* threads at all left, there's a pretty good solution.
Your LBS will have a little tool, that has pilot that threads into the BB
threads themselvles. Then, there's a piced that guides down into the
threads, over the pilot, and allows you to easily remove the crank.
With this tool, it's shocking how little threds you need to pull the crank.
I got mine long ago, I think it's a QBP part, but I'm not sure. It's saved
me several times, great investment, and I've seen them on the wall at most
LBS'.

-pete

"Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Swapping out old-for-new rings last night, thought I had the Park crank
> extractor threaded on correctly to a vintage Suntour XC-Pro crank, felt

the
> extractor "slip" while attempting to remove the crank.
>
> Bottom line is the crank threads are shot and while the crank isn't coming
> off right away, the bad news is the Park tool isn't getting the crank off
> right away either.
>
> So what's the accepted method for removing the crank ?. LBS "special

tool",