Re: The Great Don Quijote of RBM!

Bill "Sorni" Sornson wrote:
> Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
>> Edward Dolan wrote:

>>> Others are complaining about the form of your posts. No one, so far
>>> as I know, is complaining about the form of my posts. Microsoft must
>>> be doing something right!

>> WHOOSH!
>>
>> "Others" would be Sorni, who is also using Outhouse Express. There are
>> several ways OE gets tripped up that does not happed to proper
>> news/mail readers.

> Do "proper" newsreaders add spam to every single post? LOL

WHOOSH!!!

Learn the difference between a newsreader (something installed on your
computer) and a news-server. SHEESH!

> I hardly complained, merely noting that one has to manually delete your sig
> file every single time due to your "proper newsreader" adding a needless ad
> tag to your every blathering. This defeats the "proper" REASON to use a sig
> file separator; you might as well just paste a text phrase.

I can't help it if OE gets confused when it should not. Why is it that
only OE users seem to have a problem? There are other "auto" features in
OE that cause problems. You can get a better program for FREE.

> OE works fine for me, and doesn't spam itself constantly (or at all). Guess
> it's not elitist enough for a trikie rider! LOL

YO, Sorni - the tag is added by the NEWS-SERVER, NOT the NEWSREADER. DUH!

>> --
>> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
>> “Twisting may help if yawl can chew gum and walk.” - gene daniels

> OK, that one's worth repeating...
>
> BS (a little)

“Great Ford!
yawl smelling your clivus? pew!
a unique event
or transient actionable intelligence?
unclog!” - gene daniels

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:55:32 -0400, RonSonic
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Previous military victory does not create a perpetual
>right to dictate to the rest of the country.

Oh, the irony!

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:52:55 -0400, RonSonic
<[email protected]> wrote:

>The Democrats can continue to run against Bush, and probably will, but inasmuch
>as he won't be the other name on the ballot it'll be largely wasted.

Most of that candidates on the Rep side endorse most of his positions.
So, running against him will work as a strategy.

>I actually
>consider Hillary to be a significant and substantial candidate - a bit short in
>the personal charm department maybe but a far more serious person than the last
>two stuffed senatorial shirts they trotted out. Unfortunately for her she will
>likely come out of this insanely long primary having adopted enough leftish
>coloration to leave her unelectable by the general public.

She brings all of Bill's baggage with her. His positives only help
with the core audience. She might gain some women's votes but she
loses those who would never vote for a women. I think she's a loser.
>Southerner would help, anybody from the Midwest wouldn't hurt, and I mean the
>real midwest where they still have some factories and railyards and cows, not
>Chicago.

They need a real Southerner. I don't think Hillary qualifies. They
don't seem to understand that the South has finally gotten over it's
Lincoln era "we're not Republicans" bias and now votes Republican.

>They keep getting alliances with union officials and think that's the
>same as having the union vote and it isn't the same thing at all. Even now there
>aren't enough government workers for that to succeed. Over the decades the
>Republican party has evolved into a creature that feeds on New England liberals.

Or looking at it the other way - the Dem's haven't yet figured out
that a Northern Liberal is not going to win. Advantage Republicans.

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:06:52 -0500, "Keats" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> I would say that I fear the American Christianists more than I fear the
>> radical Islamists. For one thing, the Christianists are just as nuts;
>> for another, there are far more of them than Islamists in the US.

>You start out being fairly rational but then you drift so far out in left
>field there's no reeling you in. Go hide under you bed so the Christians
>won't find you.

Sure, you joke now... when they restart The Inquisition you'll be
singing another tune!

"still me" wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:06:52 -0500, "Keats" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>> I would say that I fear the American Christianists more than I fear the
>>> radical Islamists. For one thing, the Christianists are just as nuts;
>>> for another, there are far more of them than Islamists in the US.

>> You start out being fairly rational but then you drift so far out in left
>> field there's no reeling you in. Go hide under you bed so the Christians
>> won't find you.

> Sure, you joke now... when they restart The Inquisition you'll be
> singing another tune!

I wasn't expecting a kind of Spanish Inquisition!

"still me" wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:52:55 -0400, RonSonic
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> The Democrats can continue to run against Bush, and probably will, but inasmuch
>> as he won't be the other name on the ballot it'll be largely wasted.

> Most of that candidates on the Rep side endorse most of his positions.
> So, running against him will work as a strategy.
>
>> I actually
>> consider Hillary to be a significant and substantial candidate - a bit short in
>> the personal charm department maybe but a far more serious person than the last
>> two stuffed senatorial shirts they trotted out. Unfortunately for her she will
>> likely come out of this insanely long primary having adopted enough leftish
>> coloration to leave her unelectable by the general public.

> She brings all of Bill's baggage with her. His positives only help
> with the core audience. She might gain some women's votes but she
> loses those who would never vote for a women. I think she's a loser.
>> Southerner would help, anybody from the Midwest wouldn't hurt, and I mean the
>> real midwest where they still have some factories and railyards and cows, not
>> Chicago.

> They need a real Southerner. I don't think Hillary qualifies. They
> don't seem to understand that the South has finally gotten over it's
> Lincoln era "we're not Republicans" bias and now votes Republican.
>
>> They keep getting alliances with union officials and think that's the
>> same as having the union vote and it isn't the same thing at all. Even now there
>> aren't enough government workers for that to succeed. Over the decades the
>> Republican party has evolved into a creature that feeds on New England liberals.

> Or looking at it the other way - the Dem's haven't yet figured out
> that a Northern Liberal is not going to win. Advantage Republicans....

On the other hand, maybe many of the blue collar evangelicals have
started to figure out that not only are they screwing themselves
economically by voting Republican, but the Republicans have only paid
lip services to their social agenda. They may just decide to stay home
at election time.

The Republicans have to deal with the fact that they have dominated
national politics for a quarter century, had most of the economic agenda
implemented, yet only those who were rich before hand are doing better.
Even though the corporate media is dominated by pundits that bleat the
regressive economic case, people will still look at their own lives and
see that things are not going right for them.

still me wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:55:32 -0400, RonSonic
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Previous military victory does not create a perpetual
>> right to dictate to the rest of the country.

> Oh, the irony!

Nice context removal.

"still me" wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:55:32 -0400, RonSonic
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Previous military victory does not create a perpetual
>> right to dictate to the rest of the country.

> Oh, the irony!

I say let the former CSA states secede, and they have have their desired
neo-feudal theocracy. The "brain drain" of the educated fleeing combined
with the loss of economic support from the rest of the country will make
them regret their decision. Be careful what you wish for.

“Twisting may help if yawl can chew gum and walk.” - gene daniels

"still me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:06:52 -0500, "Keats" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>> I would say that I fear the American Christianists more than I fear the
>>> radical Islamists. For one thing, the Christianists are just as nuts;
>>> for another, there are far more of them than Islamists in the US.

>>You start out being fairly rational but then you drift so far out in left
>>field there's no reeling you in. Go hide under you bed so the Christians
>>won't find you.
>>Keats

> Sure, you joke now... when they restart The Inquisition you'll be
> singing another tune!

I don't sing well, so I'll be humming Onward Christian Soldiers. But
really now, do you think President Bush is going to have enough time to
finish up Iraq, then take out Iran's nuclear capability, and also restart
The Inquisition by his term's end? Let's be practical.

Keats

(Not Tom) Keats wrote:
> "still me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>>> You start out being fairly rational but then you drift so far out in left
>>> field there's no reeling you in. Go hide under you bed so the Christians
>>> won't find you.
>>> Keats

>> Sure, you joke now... when they restart The Inquisition you'll be
>> singing another tune!

> I don't sing well, so I'll be humming Onward Christian Soldiers. But
> really now, do you think President Bush is going to have enough time to
> finish up Iraq, then take out Iran's nuclear capability, and also restart
> The Inquisition by his term's end? Let's be practical.

If there is a "national emergency" created from the blow-back of
attacking Iran, will there be an election in 2008?

"Humans are not Peterbilt trucks..." - Jobst Brandt

"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> (Not Tom) Keats wrote:
>> "still me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Sure, you joke now... when they restart The Inquisition you'll be
>>> singing another tune!

>> I don't sing well, so I'll be humming Onward Christian Soldiers. But
>> really now, do you think President Bush is going to have enough time to
>> finish up Iraq, then take out Iran's nuclear capability, and also restart
>> The Inquisition by his term's end? Let's be practical.

> If there is a "national emergency" created from the blow-back of attacking
> Iran, will there be an election in 2008?
>
> --

Well that could be upsetting to some people who had their hearts set on
voting. How long do you think Bush and Cheney would have to stay in office
to take care of this "national emergency"?

Keats

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:

> The Republicans have to deal with the fact that they have dominated
> national politics for a quarter century, had most of the economic
> agenda implemented, yet only those who were rich before hand are
> doing better.

You love just making up stuff, doncha? (Whattsa matter, your Google broke
or something?!?)

> Even though the corporate media is dominated by pundits
> that bleat the regressive economic case, people will still look at
> their own lives and see that things are not going right for them.

Record high home ownership, record low unemployment, high consumer
confidence, low inflation... Darn those pesky facts!

> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> “Twisting may help if yawl can chew gum and walk.” - gene daniels

It beats your Spam Line, I'll give you that...

(Not Tom) Keats wrote:
> "Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> (Not Tom) Keats wrote:
>>> "still me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I don't sing well, so I'll be humming Onward Christian Soldiers. But
>>> really now, do you think President Bush is going to have enough time to
>>> finish up Iraq, then take out Iran's nuclear capability, and also restart
>>> The Inquisition by his term's end? Let's be practical.

>> If there is a "national emergency" created from the blow-back of attacking
>> Iran, will there be an election in 2008?
>>
>> --

> Well that could be upsetting to some people who had their hearts set on
> voting. How long do you think Bush and Cheney would have to stay in office
> to take care of this "national emergency"?

Until the people demand a change, no sooner.

Bill "Sorni" Sornson wrote:
> Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
>
>> The Republicans have to deal with the fact that they have dominated
>> national politics for a quarter century, had most of the economic
>> agenda implemented, yet only those who were rich before hand are
>> doing better.

> You love just making up stuff, doncha? (Whattsa matter, your Google broke
> or something?!?)

Real wages have dropped for all but the very top of the middle class,
while working hours grow longer.

If you think quality of life can be measured solely by the stock market
and per capita GNP, you are an idiot or a tool of the neo-feudal class.

>> Even though the corporate media is dominated by pundits
>> that bleat the regressive economic case, people will still look at
>> their own lives and see that things are not going right for them.

> Record high home ownership, record low unemployment, high consumer
> confidence, low inflation... Darn those pesky facts!

Record high personal debt and lower home ownership equity.

Living wage jobs replaced by low wage jobs, requiring 2 to 3 times the
labor per family as 40 years ago.

More work and less free time for a lower wage.

Great wealth accumulation by less than 1% or the population at the
expense of the other 99%.

Only in the land of corporate talk radio and news are things going well.

>> --
>> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
>> “Twisting may help if yawl can chew gum and walk.” - gene daniels

> It beats your Spam Line, I'll give you that...

Hey Sorni, why don't you complain about the SPAM lines of other people
who are actually trying to sell something and personally profit by it?
Hypocrisy?

“the bacteria people tuned in-as to bioengineering at the correct wave
Point” - gene daniels

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 19:52:36 -0500, "Keats" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> If there is a "national emergency" created from the blow-back of attacking
>> Iran, will there be an election in 2008?
>>
>> --

>Well that could be upsetting to some people who had their hearts set on
>voting. How long do you think Bush and Cheney would have to stay in office
>to take care of this "national emergency"?

They floated that Constitutional horror last time around. It's
incredible that anyone can support them at this point.

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:58:32 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>still me wrote:
>> On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:55:32 -0400, RonSonic
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Previous military victory does not create a perpetual
>>> right to dictate to the rest of the country.

>> Oh, the irony!

>Nice context removal.

Thank you. I think the statement deserves to try to stand on it's own.

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:55:01 -0500, "Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On the other hand, maybe many of the blue collar evangelicals have
>started to figure out that not only are they screwing themselves
>economically by voting Republican, but the Republicans have only paid
>lip services to their social agenda. They may just decide to stay home
>at election time.

But they're easily fooled. As soon as the Rep's start their rhetoric
machine, the common man starts sucking it up. I give credit to the
Republicans for pushing this strategy over decades - the real rich get
richer and richer, the middle man gets a farthing. But, the people
keep sucking it up.

>The Republicans have to deal with the fact that they have dominated
>national politics for a quarter century, had most of the economic agenda
>implemented, yet only those who were rich before hand are doing better.
>Even though the corporate media is dominated by pundits that bleat the
>regressive economic case, people will still look at their own lives and
>see that things are not going right for them.

I don't think "the people" are all that sharp. They typically ignore
the facts (since they never read and they live on sound bites) and
listen to the noise from the pols. At certain times they reach
overload and react, but I don't know if we've reached that point.

still me wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:55:01 -0500, "Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On the other hand, maybe many of the blue collar evangelicals have
>> started to figure out that not only are they screwing themselves
>> economically by voting Republican, but the Republicans have only paid
>> lip services to their social agenda. They may just decide to stay
>> home at election time.

> But they're easily fooled. As soon as the Rep's start their rhetoric
> machine, the common man starts sucking it up. I give credit to the
> Republicans for pushing this strategy over decades - the real rich get
> richer and richer, the middle man gets a farthing. But, the people
> keep sucking it up.

As usual you have it exactly backwards. The "common man" as you call it
falls for the Dem's rhetoric -- and has over decades -- leading to dependent
places like New Orleans and impoverished inner cities. They are virtually
ALL run by Democrats, and have been for generations.

How well are they working?

>> The Republicans have to deal with the fact that they have dominated
>> national politics for a quarter century, had most of the economic
>> agenda implemented, yet only those who were rich before hand are
>> doing better. Even though the corporate media is dominated by
>> pundits that bleat the regressive economic case, people will still
>> look at their own lives and see that things are not going right for
>> them.

> I don't think "the people" are all that sharp. They typically ignore
> the facts (since they never read and they live on sound bites) and
> listen to the noise from the pols. At certain times they reach
> overload and react, but I don't know if we've reached that point.

When people won't leave their houses to escape hurricanes unless the
government shows up and walks 'em out -- or use millions of available
dollars to FIX THINGS instead of start "programs" -- you might be
right...but not in the way you think.

> [...]

>>> liberals.

>> Or looking at it the other way - the Dem's haven't yet figured out
>> that a Northern Liberal is not going to win. Advantage Republicans....

> On the other hand, maybe many of the blue collar evangelicals have started
> to figure out that not only are they screwing themselves economically by
> voting Republican, but the Republicans have only paid lip services to
> their social agenda. They may just decide to stay home at election time.
>
> The Republicans have to deal with the fact that they have dominated
> national politics for a quarter century, had most of the economic agenda
> implemented, yet only those who were rich before hand are doing better.
> Even though the corporate media is dominated by pundits that bleat the
> regressive economic case, people will still look at their own lives and
> see that things are not going right for them.

Reality appears to be somewhat different from the way Johnny Sunset sees the
rich and the not so rich. The Third Way, a strategy group to advance the
progressive agenda, found the following based on the 2004 election:

"The report examined exit polling data from 2004 federal races and makes
five main findings:

• White middle income voters (who constitute one-third of the electorate),
delivered landslide margins to Republicans. The economic tipping point — the
income level at which whites were more likely to vote Republican than
Democrat — was $23,700, not far above the poverty level. Moreover, white
middle class and white wealthy class voters conferred the same towering
majorities to Republicans.

a.. Unlike other voters, blacks conferred overwhelming majorities to
Democrats, regardless of income level.
a.. A rapidly growing Hispanic middle class is leaving the Democratic
Party.
a.. With the exception of those with graduate degrees, education level
does not predict voting behavior. Education level predicts income, which
predicts voting behavior.
a.. The entrance of married women into the middle class led to a dramatic
increase in Republican support."
http://www.third-way.com/

Keats

P.S. On Topic portion of post. President Bush said he would vacation in
France if he could ride his Mountain Bike there.

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:53:30 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>As usual you have it exactly backwards. The "common man" as you call it
>falls for the Dem's rhetoric -- and has over decades -- leading to dependent
>places like New Orleans and impoverished inner cities. They are virtually
>ALL run by Democrats, and have been for generations.

Backwards? Why, because it doesn't agree with your ideological
infatuation and you refuse to take an objective look at the issue?

First, I think of the common man as a Joe Walsh's Ordinary Average
Guy. You're referencing the low income urban guy. The Dem's get them
because they sponsor all sorts of programs for them. The Dem's
actually care - the definition of bleeding heart.

The Republicans play it another way, throwing little tidbits and
rhetoric to the Ordinary Average Guy while reaping huge benefits for
the super rich. The Republicans play it much better.

>How well are they working?

Has nothing to do with this thread.

>When people won't leave their houses to escape hurricanes unless the
>government shows up and walks 'em out -- or use millions of available
>dollars to FIX THINGS instead of start "programs" -- you might be
>right...but not in the way you think.

"I won't leave my home unless forced to" is NOT a party specific
concept.

You really come across as a social class bigot.