Re: Tyres for Dawes Audax

JBB

Guest
" The Galibier" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi all
> Next year im doing a Lands End to John O Groats on my Dawes Audax bike, i
> wish to put 700x 28 or 32 touring tyres on it ,does anybody know if the
> bike will take these tyres ?
>
> thank
> Gal.

Had a look at my brother-in-law's Dawes Audax on Saturday - currently shod
with Schwalbe 25mm tyres. There looks reasobable clearance for 28mm - 32 may
be pushing it a bit for mudguard clearence although frame clearance looks
fine. The simplest solution is to find a freindly LBS who will let you try
the tyres and buy the ones that fit, you will pay a little more than mail
order but only the once!

HTH
Julia