Rear wheel lift

ckel101

Aug 9, 2005
I was out with my team doing a sprints work out, and as I took off, everything was fine. But soon after the start, I was noticing that my rear wheel was lifting off the ground. Is there something I can do to keep it in on the pavement, becuase I realize this is a loss of power? please help if you have any suggestions or if you have experienced the same problems

ckel101 said:
I was out with my team doing a sprints work out, and as I took off, everything was fine. But soon after the start, I was noticing that my rear wheel was lifting off the ground. Is there something I can do to keep it in on the pavement, becuase I realize this is a loss of power? please help if you have any suggestions or if you have experienced the same problems

Try to keep your body weight back a little more on the bike to keep the rear wheel down.

Keep your weight more centered on the pedals, the next problem will be skipping the front wheel if you don't find a balance and you pull hard on the bars. Pull back with the arm opposite the leg on the downstroke.