Recovery Drink Challenge: Endurox vs. Slim-Fast

Top Sirloin <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:47:46 -0700, "Greg" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I would be willing to believe that somewhere there's a better, cheaper recovery drink than
> >Endurox, homemade or not. I've yet to find it though.
>
> Generic orange soda, ice, and vanilla whey protein powder
>
> Apple juice, vanilla whey protein powder, blueberries and strawberries.
>
> Orange juice, banana, vanilla whey protein powder.
>
> Root beer, low-fat vanilla ice cream, vanilla whey protein powder.

Here's one more:

16 oz. of skim milk, 3/4 cup Ovaltine.

You get 4:1 Carbos to Protein and lots of vitamins and minerals. Works great as long as you're not
lactose intolerant.

Tom

"Tom A." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Top Sirloin <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:47:46 -0700, "Greg" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >I would be willing to believe that somewhere there's a better, cheaper recovery drink than
> > >Endurox, homemade or not. I've yet to find it
though.

> > Generic orange soda, ice, and vanilla whey protein powder
> >
> > Apple juice, vanilla whey protein powder, blueberries and strawberries.
> >
> > Orange juice, banana, vanilla whey protein powder.
> >
> > Root beer, low-fat vanilla ice cream, vanilla whey protein powder.
>
> Here's one more:
>
> 16 oz. of skim milk, 3/4 cup Ovaltine.
>
> You get 4:1 Carbos to Protein and lots of vitamins and minerals. Works great as long as you're not
> lactose intolerant.

Cantcha use soy milk?

--
Robin Hubert <[email protected]

> "Bruce Jackson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:<[email protected]>...
>
> > I can think of a dozen things I'd rather consume after a hard day of riding than a can of
> > Ensure. Would a baked potato, spaghetti, pizza, or bean burritos be that bad?
>
> All those foods you mention are fine. But the problem with them for me is that they don't travel
> well. I'm often driving and riding to races, leaving a bag in a car on a hot day or a bag on the
> ground with a race I ride too, don't always have access to a cooler or refrigerator or ice, etc.
> It's far, far easier to take care of post-race recovery needs by having a sealed can of a drink
> like Ensure in my bag or car. No worries about spoiling. (In fact, I often have a bunch in the car
> just in case. They keep for months.) Then, an hour or so later after cleaning up I can go and get
> solid food.

You drink that stuff warm/hot? GACK!