repair manual

Coach

Guest
Hi
Looking for a mountain bike repair book for partners son aged 18. He has
spent £2000 on his new bike, and wants to be able to maintain it.
This is his third cycle that he has owned and thus wants to be able to learn
about repairing them.
Any help appreciated

Coach

Coach wrote:

> Hi
> Looking for a mountain bike repair book for partners son aged 18. He
> has spent £2000 on his new bike, and wants to be able to maintain it.
> This is his third cycle that he has owned and thus wants to be able
> to learn about repairing them. Any help appreciated

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/

Mostly has all anyone might need.

--
Paul - ***

On Oct 31, 8:11 pm, "Coach" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi
> Looking for a mountain bike repair book for partners son aged 18. He has
> spent £2000 on his new bike, and wants to be able to maintain it.
> This is his third cycle that he has owned and thus wants to be able to learn
> about repairing them.
> Any help appreciated
>
> Coach

The Haynes Bike Book is pretty good
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bike-Book-F...ref=pd_sbs_b_shvl_title_1/203-7098271-9077515

Though these days, If I'm near a computer then this web-site does it
all... http://www.parktool.com/repair/

Anyone seen the new Haynes Mountain Bike book yet - I just saw it
while surfing and wondered if it's worth it - looks interesting...

HTH,

Duncan

Paul - *** wrote:
> Coach wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Looking for a mountain bike repair book for partners son aged 18. He
>> has spent £2000 on his new bike, and wants to be able to maintain it.
>> This is his third cycle that he has owned and thus wants to be able
>> to learn about repairing them. Any help appreciated

> http://www.sheldonbrown.com/
>
> Mostly has all anyone might need.

And www.parktool.com/repair

There's a Park book as well. It would make a nice present if it's as good
as the website.

~PB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zinn-Art-Mountain-Bike-Maintenance/dp/193138259X

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

After things go from bad to worse, the cycle will repeat itself.

Pete Biggs wrote:

> And www.parktool.com/repair
>
> There's a Park book as well. It would make a nice present if it's as good
> as the website.
>
> ~PB

yep, and a second edition is eminent

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl

Coach wrote:
> Hi
> Looking for a mountain bike repair book for partners son aged 18. He has
> spent £2000 on his new bike, and wants to be able to maintain it.
> This is his third cycle that he has owned and thus wants to be able to learn
> about repairing them.
> Any help appreciated
>
> Coach

Also a manula called Barnetts . Search for Barnetts and look at
'bbtinstitute' link. You can build up a set of free chapters over a
year or so.

in message <[email protected]>, Coach
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Hi
> Looking for a mountain bike repair book for partners son aged 18. He has
> spent £2000 on his new bike, and wants to be able to maintain it.
> This is his third cycle that he has owned and thus wants to be able to
> learn about repairing them.

Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance - very strongly recommended:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zinn-Art-Mountain-Bike-Maintenance/dp/193138259X/

Clear illustrations all through; excellent, clear text; describes all
mainstream parts and a good few less common ones.

;; If God does not write LISP, God writes some code so similar to
;; LISP as to make no difference.