Req: Info on the Toronto Don Valley trail.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by R.C., Mar 27, 2003.

  1. R.C.

    R.C. Guest

    Hello all,

    I hope some one can help me in finding the entrance to this trail in the Don Valley. I've been to
    a lot of web site regarding this off road bike trails in Toronto but after reading the riders
    description on how to get there. I have been unsuccessful from their instruction.

    All I know is that the entrance is somewhere at the corner of Pottery Rd & Bayview Ave. So I'm
    riding south on Pottery Rd. from Broadview Ave. and I reach that "safety crossing barrier/island"
    in the middle of the road on Pottery Rd. just before the bridge and railway tracks. Now that I'm
    standing in the middle of that "safety crossing barrier/island" and I'm facing the bridge and
    railway tracks where do I go from there?

    Hope someone can help and thanks in advance to all responses.

    R.C.

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "R.C." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I hope some one can help me in finding the entrance to this trail in the Don Valley. I've been
    > to a lot of web site regarding this off road bike trails in Toronto but after reading the riders
    > description on how to get there. I have been unsuccessful from their instruction.
    >
    > All I know is that the entrance is somewhere at the corner of Pottery Rd
    &
    > Bayview Ave. So I'm riding south on Pottery Rd. from Broadview Ave. and I reach that "safety
    > crossing barrier/island" in the middle of the road on Pottery Rd. just before the bridge and
    > railway tracks. Now that I'm
    standing
    > in the middle of that "safety crossing barrier/island" and I'm facing the bridge and railway
    > tracks where do I go from there?
    >
    > Hope someone can help and thanks in advance to all responses.

    Go to the railroad tracks, you'll see a little creek, cross over the creek and you'll see 2 uphill
    trails. Take either climb, they both lead into the Don. The beginning section is mostly off-camber
    and eroded, ride through it, keep on going following the trail, do the out and back, watch out for
    on-coming riders because its a 2 way trail. If you go early in the morning, the place is pretty much
    yours to explore. Rinse, repeat and enjoy yourself.

    - CA-G my ex-home trail...

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!