Restoring a Suzuki Rincle Tricycle

Kw

Guest
I have an old suzuki rincle three wheeler that could use some work. Any thoughts or ideas on
restoration would be appreciated.

I plan on a complete dis-assembly to refurbish the mechanical features and sandblasting all painted
surfaces. One unique feature is that the rear end can pivot independent of the front end. This
allows the rider to lean into a turn. This also allows the rider to remain up right while traversing
an incline (try riding a rigid trike with one tire on the road and the other tire up on the
sidewalk).

Some of the features are a universal joint, a pivot device, a drum brake of sorts and a parking
brake. All of the chrome has quite a bit of surface rust, not sure if I should have it re-chromed
or just go with some kind of paint (maybe I should parkerize the entire trike). I thought about
using photo shop to retouch all of the decals then print out new decals or stencils.

Anyone know of a source for fenders?

Here are some pictures and specs for the susuki rincle. www.mindspring.com/~no1/suzuki/index.htm

kw

Doesn't look in to bad a shape.Did you think of maybe a good scrub and some touch up paint to spruce
it up.Where did you get it and do they have another one? PeterM "kw" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> I have an old suzuki rincle three wheeler that could use some work. Any thoughts or ideas on
> restoration would be appreciated.
>
> I plan on a complete dis-assembly to refurbish the mechanical features and sandblasting all
> painted surfaces. One unique feature is that the rear end can pivot independent of the front end.
> This allows the rider to lean into a turn. This also allows the rider to remain up right while
> traversing an incline (try riding a rigid trike with one tire on the road and the other tire up on
> the sidewalk).
>
> Some of the features are a universal joint, a pivot device, a drum brake of sorts and a parking
> brake. All of the chrome has quite a bit of surface rust, not sure if I should have it
> re-chromed or just go with some kind of paint (maybe I should parkerize the entire trike). I
> thought about using photo shop to retouch all of the decals then print out new decals or
> stencils.
>
> Anyone know of a source for fenders?
>
> Here are some pictures and specs for the susuki rincle. www.mindspring.com/~no1/suzuki/index.htm
>
> kw

The picture doesn't do justice to all of the rust. I bought the trike while stationed in Misawa
Japan from a little old "mama-san" who only peddled on Sundays.

I've started some of the dis-assembly, the rear brake is an actual expanding drum and the universal
is a double (two) joint setup. The Suzuki web page doesn't show any info for the Rincle, but they do
have a nifty electric motor that replaces the front hub. kw