General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

RFC Cookbook

Started by Michael \Dog3\ Lonergan · · Last activity · 153 posts · 1,795 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 April 2006
Last activity
8 April 2006
Original author
Michael \Dog3\ Lonergan
Posts
153
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,795
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 141–153 of 153
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Steve Pope said:
    Margaret Suran said:

    Serene wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    [matzoh brei]

    >My children used to love it with crumbled crispy crunchy bacon mixed
    >into the batter, when they were little and lived at home.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The idea of matzoh brei with bacon amuses me.

    Quoted message said:

    The moment I clicked "send", I wished I had not done so. It sounded
    ridiculous to me, too.

    There's such a thing as beef bacon, and there is even
    glatt-Kosher bacon, if you look around for it, as
    well as soy bacon some of which is kosher.

    Steve

    Thank you. The children no longer live with me, not even close to me,
    as one makes her home in Maine and the other one in Florida, while I
    still live in New York City.

    Also, I do not keep kosher and do not like Matzo Brei. :o) I do
    appreciate your help. Thank you.

  2. On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 21:34:42 -0400, "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    At any rate, if people are serious about this project, it has
    to get some momentum going or it's not going to be ready
    for Christmas.

    Why does it have to be ready for Christmas? I think it is ready when
    it is ready......

    Just my two cents..

    Christine

  3. "Christine Dabney" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 21:34:42 -0400, "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    At any rate, if people are serious about this project, it has
    to get some momentum going or it's not going to be ready
    for Christmas.

    Why does it have to be ready for Christmas? I think it is ready when
    it is ready......

    Just my two cents..

    People buy them for Christmas presents. It's already been mentioned,
    and it sure was a factor with the first book.

    nancy

  4. Nancy Young said:

    "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 00:21:55 +0000 (UTC), [email hidden] (Glitter

    Ninja) said:

    Hah. Okay, everyone on this list and patches, you're invited to my
    house. Admission free but there's a 12 drink minimum. Bring latex
    gloves, a battery-operated radio, and your favorite brand of salt. No
    freaks. If you're not on the list you can come, too, but bring 5 forms
    of ID and a poncho.

    Pencil Crash and me in. This sounds like a great party!

    Quoted message said:

    (whispering: you're not on the list)

    As I said, 5 forms of ID and a poncho. Note: the ID doesn't
    necessarily have to be yours.

    Stacia

  5. Glitter Ninja said:
    Nancy Young said:

    "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 00:21:55 +0000 (UTC), [email hidden] (Glitter
    Ninja) wrote:

    > Hah. Okay, everyone on this list and patches, you're invited to my
    >house. Admission free but there's a 12 drink minimum. Bring latex
    >gloves, a battery-operated radio, and your favorite brand of salt. No
    >freaks. If you're not on the list you can come, too, but bring 5 forms
    >of ID and a poncho.

    Pencil Crash and me in. This sounds like a great party!

    Quoted message said:

    (whispering: you're not on the list)

    As I said, 5 forms of ID and a poncho. Note: the ID doesn't
    necessarily have to be yours.

    Stacia

    Ok, but I still don't get the poncho. What is that for?

    --
    There is a thief amongst us who likes to steal other posters pics and
    post them as their own. This constitutes copyright infringement and
    theft of intellectual property. This is contrary to DMCA of 1998
    punishable by law. The same thief likes to harass other posters and is
    an internet stalker. This thief likes to use intimidation to harass
    other posters on rfc.

  6. "Glitter Ninja" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Nancy Young said:

    "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 00:21:55 +0000 (UTC), [email hidden] (Glitter
    Ninja) wrote:

    > Hah. Okay, everyone on this list and patches, you're invited to my
    >house. Admission free but there's a 12 drink minimum. Bring latex
    >gloves, a battery-operated radio, and your favorite brand of salt. No
    >freaks. If you're not on the list you can come, too, but bring 5 forms
    >of ID and a poncho.

    Pencil Crash and me in. This sounds like a great party!

    Quoted message said:

    (whispering: you're not on the list)

    As I said, 5 forms of ID and a poncho. Note: the ID doesn't
    necessarily have to be yours.

    Hmmm I don't have a poncho🙁 Will it be ok if I come in a kilt?

    Ophelia
    Glasgow🙂

  7. On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 12:14:30 GMT, in rec.food.cooking, Mr Libido Incognito

    Quoted message said:


    Perhaps there should be 1 and only 1 official RFC recipe CD...and only
    one kept by somebody, (say Victor) to be trotted out to create cookbooks
    from for Charitable reasons...So recipes from older posters from say the
    80's and 90's can still be availible. As well as newer posters can have
    recipes added to that CD. But the official RFC CD would only be kept for
    record purposes and not released except to create books. This way all the
    proof reading and formating would be already done for 90% of any future
    charitable endeavours.

    Good idea. I agree that the RFC cookbook should be a real paper cookbook,
    but this would be a great help in producing real paper cookbooks.

    Doug
    --
    Doug Weller --
    A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com
    Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.co.uk
    Amun - co-owner/co-moderator http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Amun/

  8. "Ophelia" wrote in >

    Quoted message said:

    Hmmm I don't have a poncho🙁 Will it be ok if I come in a kilt?

    Ophelia
    Glasgow🙂

    But no sporran. Just be sure to wear underwear!

    Dora

  9. "limey" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Ophelia" wrote in >

    Quoted message said:

    Hmmm I don't have a poncho🙁 Will it be ok if I come in a kilt?

    Ophelia
    Glasgow🙂

    But no sporran. Just be sure to wear underwear!

    sheesh.. some folk are fussy <G>

  10. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Nancy Young said:

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I've always communicated with him via email but I have no issue with him
    having my home address.

    Quoted message said:

    Ditto here. :-)

    Heck, most of the people I mailed the books to got my home
    address ... no one's shown up yet.

    I'll be there Thursday. What're you cooking?

    :-)

    --
    Dan Abel
    [email hidden]
    Petaluma, California, USA

  11. "Dan Abel" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Heck, most of the people I mailed the books to got my home
    address ... no one's shown up yet.

    Quoted message said:

    I'll be there Thursday. What're you cooking?

    Heh, that's too far ahead, I can only plan two days in
    advance, that covers tonight and tomorrow night. Probably
    have pizza, I think maybe even store bought! Order in a sausage
    and pepper pizza, haven't had that in too long. That okay?

    nancy

  12. Nancy Young wrote:
    :: "Dan Abel" <[email hidden]> wrote
    ::
    ::: "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    ::
    :::: Heck, most of the people I mailed the books to got my home
    :::: address ... no one's shown up yet.
    ::
    ::: I'll be there Thursday. What're you cooking?
    ::
    :: Heh, that's too far ahead, I can only plan two days in
    :: advance, that covers tonight and tomorrow night. Probably
    :: have pizza, I think maybe even store bought! Order in a sausage
    :: and pepper pizza, haven't had that in too long. That okay?
    ::
    :: nancy

    Just don't take any pictures.

    BOB

    --
    Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

  13. "Dan Abel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Nancy Young said:

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    > I've always communicated with him via email but I have no issue with
    > him
    > having my home address.

    Quoted message said:

    Ditto here. :-)

    Heck, most of the people I mailed the books to got my home
    address ... no one's shown up yet.

    I'll be there Thursday. What're you cooking?

    :-)

    --
    Dan Abel
    [email hidden]
    Petaluma, California, USA


    ------------

    When you show up - can you snap a picture? I'd love to see her face...!
    LOL

    Sorry Nancy - but well... ah, never mind. It just struck me as funny. It
    was a tough week (weak?) and the strangest things are seemingly funny today.

    --
    Syssi

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.