General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

RFC Cookbook

Started by Michael \Dog3\ Lonergan · · Last activity · 153 posts · 1,795 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 April 2006
Last activity
8 April 2006
Original author
Michael \Dog3\ Lonergan
Posts
153
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,795
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 101–120 of 153
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "limey" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    I believe they were $13.00 at the time, including shipping.

    And, don't forget, including a donation, too.

    nancy

    If another cookbook does materialize, I'll be glad to volunteer sending out
    some of the books. I'm afraid I can't offer to be the treasurer, since I
    know I'd screw up.

    How did you handle the charge to overseas RFCers, since I know the postage
    would be much higher.

    Dora

  2. sf said:
    Margaret Suran said:

    Marcel is coming for a brunch of Matzo Brei,

    So they are matzo pancakes? Is it dessert?

    No, not dessert pancakes, plain, old Matzo Brei.

    1 1/2 Streit's Matzo Boards broken into small pieces, soaked in two
    large eggs and about 2 Tablespoons full of milk, (fat free in this
    case), beaten with a small amount of salt and white or black ground
    pepper.

    I fry the Brei in a large 9 or 10 inch pan in about one teaspoon full
    of butter, until nicely golden brown on the bottom, then try to turn
    the mixture over (it never works, so I turn it over in sections),
    until the other side is brown.

    My children used to love it with crumbled crispy crunchy bacon mixed
    into the batter, when they were little and lived at home.

  3. On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:57:14 GMT, Margaret Suran
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    [matzoh brei]

    Quoted message said:

    My children used to love it with crumbled crispy crunchy bacon mixed
    into the batter, when they were little and lived at home.

    The idea of matzoh brei with bacon amuses me.

    serene

  4. Serene said:

    On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:57:14 GMT, Margaret Suran
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    [matzoh brei]

    Quoted message said:

    My children used to love it with crumbled crispy crunchy bacon mixed
    into the batter, when they were little and lived at home.

    The idea of matzoh brei with bacon amuses me.

    serene

    The moment I clicked "send", I wished I had not done so. It sounded
    ridiculous to me, too.

  5. sf said:
    Margaret Suran said:

    Marcel is coming for a brunch of Matzo Brei,

    So they are matzo pancakes? Is it dessert?

    more like matzah french toast. It's the only thing that can make me
    tolerate grape jelly.

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

    email:
    anisaerah at s b c global.net

    Adam Bowman said:

    I always wonder when someone brings up a point about Bush, and you
    then bring up something that Clinton did, are you saying they are both
    wrong? Because that's all it points out to me, places where they both
    messed up. It doesn't negate the fact that Bush did wrong; was that
    your intention?

    That type of argument is like

    "Bob shot someone"

    "Yeah, but don't you remember when Don hit that guy with a bat?"

  6. Margaret Suran said:
    Serene said:

    On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:57:14 GMT, Margaret Suran
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    [matzoh brei]

    Quoted message said:

    My children used to love it with crumbled crispy crunchy bacon mixed
    into the batter, when they were little and lived at home.

    The idea of matzoh brei with bacon amuses me.

    serene

    The moment I clicked "send", I wished I had not done so. It sounded
    ridiculous to me, too.

    Not ridiculous, just amusing, and I'm glad you hit send. You made me
    smile and think of eating matzoh with butter, onion powder, and salt,
    with my mother. (My mother ate it with me, she wasn't one of the
    ingredients.)

    serene

  7. OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Damsel in dis Dress said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    "Sheldon" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Yeah, but... then who better can I trust with my wallet?

    You could always volunteer... ;-)

    I'd trust you!

    Okay, who else would be comfortable with Sheldon having their home
    address?

    Carol

    I "live" in a PO box so it's not an issue. ;-)
    It's the only way that I felt comfortable doing ebay.....

    It's the only way to do it on ebay, IMO. We've had some really good
    experiences using ebay but the ones that have been bad really leave a
    horrid taste in your mouth. I'm lucky in that I don't even use a PO box
    in the country I live in but rather a US PO box. Since I use the US
    site along with PP set to give only our US PO box that is verified
    because we have US bank account, problem solved. BTW, I use our US PO
    box for anything ordered from US companies. I just ordered from
    goodmans.net. They are really good to deal with and I know from past
    experience the items will be in my mailbox within four days. Is it just
    me or are you finding buyers just a tad more unstable and pissy now?

    Quoted message said:


    Man, I've gotten some real Psychos as bidders!
    Fortunately, most of those end up NARU'd after a couple of months.

    Hey, I had an odd one recently. The seller was very friendly and sent
    the item promptly. According to her feedback there was nothing to be
    suspicious of. I went to leave her feedback and now she is NARU 🙁
    Pity too as she was very good.

    Quoted message said:


    Believe it or not, I'd really like to meet Shel' in person.
    We correspond by private e-mail and he's pretty cool.

    Not me. He's a little too nasty for my liking. Maybe he really is a
    nice person but he says a lot of hurtful things. The list of people I
    would like to meet no questions asked from here are - Om, Dee Dee,
    Michael, Wayne, Glitter Ninja, Pandora, Jill, Margaret and Food Snob. I
    have some I would be interested in meeting at a neutral place because
    I'm still trying to figure them out.

  8. "Melba's Jammin'" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Ophelia said:

    Is the online version still available?

    Ophelia

    There was no online version. There were two paper printing runs.

    OK thanks Barb. I would be happy to buy any version that is made.

    O

  9. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Melba's Jammin said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Damsel in dis Dress said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    "Sheldon" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > Yeah, but... then who better can I trust with my wallet?

    You could always volunteer... ;-)

    I'd trust you!

    Okay, who else would be comfortable with Sheldon having their home
    address?

    Carol

    I would. I'd trust him with my address, but with my money . . . .?
    <grin>

    Well, I've seen photos of his house, land, gardens and kitchens, as well
    as some of his farm equipment. I think the last thing Shel' needs is
    money...... :-)
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  10. OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    Well, I've seen photos of his house, land, gardens and kitchens, as well
    as some of his farm equipment. I think the last thing Shel' needs is
    money...... :-)

    And he told you that you're the only one he writes to, didn't he? LOL!

    Peace,
    Carol

  11. OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Melba's Jammin said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Damsel in dis Dress said:

    On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 12:32:28 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >In article <[email hidden]>,
    >"Sheldon" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Yeah, but... then who better can I trust with my wallet?
    >
    >You could always volunteer... ;-)
    >
    >I'd trust you!

    Okay, who else would be comfortable with Sheldon having their home
    address?

    Carol

    I would. I'd trust him with my address, but with my money . . . .?
    <grin>

    Well, I've seen photos of his house, land, gardens and kitchens, as well
    as some of his farm equipment. I think the last thing Shel' needs is
    money...... :-)

    Is it really his though? Anyone can post pics of anything they want and
    claim it to be theirs but that doesn't make it so.

  12. One time on Usenet said:

    On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 21:29:39 GMT, [email hidden] (jj -

    rfc) said:

    I was on hiatus when you guys did the first cookbook and was
    sorry to have missed the opportunity to help. So please count
    me in as a volunteer with good organizational skills... :-)

    Okay, you just took over Victor's CEO position. Congratulations!

    Heh, I would say that should teach me not to open my big mouth, but
    I know it won't... ;-)

    --
    jj - rfc (Jani) in WA
    ~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

  13. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Damsel in dis Dress said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Sheldon said:

    Yeah, but... then who better can I trust with my wallet?

    You could always volunteer... ;-)

    I'd trust you!

    Okay, who else would be comfortable with Sheldon having their home
    address?

    Carol

    I would. I'd trust him with my address, but with my money . . . .?
    <grin>
    --
    -Barb
    <http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-30-2006 Enchiladas for Two

    "If it's not worth doing to excess, it's not worth doing at all."

  14. ~patches~ wrote:
    :: OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    ::
    ::: In article <[email hidden]>,
    ::: Melba's Jammin' <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :::
    :::
    :::: In article <[email hidden]>,
    :::: Damsel in dis Dress <[email hidden]> wrote:
    ::::
    ::::
    ::::: On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 12:32:28 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
    ::::: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :::::
    :::::
    :::::: In article
    <[email hidden]>,
    :::::: "Sheldon" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    ::::::
    ::::::
    ::::::: Yeah, but... then who better can I trust with my wallet?
    ::::::
    :::::: You could always volunteer... ;-)
    ::::::
    :::::: I'd trust you!
    :::::
    ::::: Okay, who else would be comfortable with Sheldon having their
    home
    ::::: address?
    :::::
    ::::: Carol
    ::::
    :::: I would. I'd trust him with my address, but with my money . . .
    ..?
    :::: <grin>
    :::
    :::
    ::: Well, I've seen photos of his house, land, gardens and kitchens,
    as well
    ::: as some of his farm equipment. I think the last thing Shel' needs
    is
    ::: money...... :-)
    ::
    :: Is it really his though? Anyone can post pics of anything they
    want and
    :: claim it to be theirs but that doesn't make it so.

    LOL ROTFLMAO

    Is THAT what YOU do? BUSTED!

  15. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Ophelia said:

    Is the online version still available?

    Ophelia

    There was no online version. There were two paper printing runs.
    --
    -Barb
    <http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-30-2006 Enchiladas for Two

    "If it's not worth doing to excess, it's not worth doing at all."

  16. Damsel in dis Dress said:

    And he told you that you're the only one he writes to, didn't he? LOL!

    Peace,
    Carol

    No, he's never suggested anything of that sort when I've shared emails
    with him? He's quite pleasant in emails, one on one, but don't tell
    anyone.. he would hate folks to know that. LOL

  17. Goomba38 <[email hidden]> hitched up their panties and posted
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Nancy Young said:

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    > I've always communicated with him via email but I have no issue
    > with him having my home address.

    Quoted message said:

    Ditto here. :-)

    Heck, most of the people I mailed the books to got my home
    address ... no one's shown up yet.

    nancy

    .. you weren't home when we knocked. 🙂
    Goomba

    We were all dressed in black leather and ski masks 😉

    Michael

    --
    "The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
    served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been
    found."

    --Calvin Trillin

  18. Quoted message said:

    Damsel in dis Dress <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Okay, who else would be comfortable with Sheldon having their home
    address?


    [snipped]

    I think it's a good question. I know I'm probably in the minority but
    I don't want Sheldon to have my last name or address, not that I think
    he's volunteering to be treasurer just to get the info, but when he gets
    mad I can't trust that he wouldn't use the knowledge inappropriately.
    To that end, though, if you guys wanna make him treasurer, that's
    cool. I defer to all y'all. But if you'd like to have a secondary
    treasurer for people who don't want to send anything to Sheldon, that
    might be a good idea. I'd volunteer for that.
    Heck I'll volunteer for almost anything involved in a 2nd cookbook,
    but I've never done anything like this before and don't know what needs
    to be done. Need an ombudsman? Vegetable consultant?

    Stacia

  19. ~patches~ said:

    Not me. He's a little too nasty for my liking. Maybe he really is a
    nice person but he says a lot of hurtful things. The list of people I
    would like to meet no questions asked from here are - Om, Dee Dee,
    Michael, Wayne, Glitter Ninja, Pandora, Jill, Margaret and Food Snob.

    Hah. Okay, everyone on this list and patches, you're invited to my
    house. Admission free but there's a 12 drink minimum. Bring latex
    gloves, a battery-operated radio, and your favorite brand of salt. No
    freaks. If you're not on the list you can come, too, but bring 5 forms
    of ID and a poncho.

    Stacia

  20. ~patches~ said:

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Well, I've seen photos of his house, land, gardens and kitchens, as well
    as some of his farm equipment. I think the last thing Shel' needs is
    money...... :-)

    Quoted message said:

    Is it really his though? Anyone can post pics of anything they want and
    claim it to be theirs but that doesn't make it so.

    I think so. He posts on misc.rural about the place he and his sister
    share, and seems to know more than I do about tractors, which may or may
    not be impressive.

    Stacia

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.