Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Rider weight

Started by LewisBricktop · · Last activity · 24 posts · 4,628 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
30 November 2006
Last activity
21 August 2015
Original author
LewisBricktop
Posts
24
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,628
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–24 of 24
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. LewisBricktop said:

    I am 19 years old. Up until about 3 weeks ago I was riding about 150-200 miles a week. Some days would be hilly routes of 40 miles or so and 1 or 2 days would be 10-15 mile TT's if you can really call them that. Now I ride about 35-40 minutes a day on rollers and add to that some ab/upper body workouts. I eat probably around 1500 calories a day as I am still trying to lose weight.


    Most junior racers lose body fat when they move up to seniors--probably because of increased training and racing distances. You're right to try to control your weight in winter, but unless body fat is affecting your ability to get comfortable on the bike I wouldn't worry about it until you start to double your mileage base.

  2. Guys how are you all

    I have recently lost a bit of weight and to be honest im still feeling a bit "fat" would you guys check out a recent pic of me and tell me if you think i look overweight

    im 188cm and weighed yesterday at 83.3 kilos

    craigspics.infodisplayimage.php theres the pic i would value your comments

    craig

  3. Well yes most people who race stay as lean as possible. They don't usually build up too much big muscle as it adds weight to the body. The thinner and leaner you are the faster you will be.
    I'm about 5'5" and weight 112/110 lbs. The easiest way to maintain that is to do a lot of clean real carbs, fruits and veggies. I think the mirror and clothes are the best judge of how lean you are. There is such a thing as fat skinny. I mean one person can weigh the same as you and not be as lean or thin. It's not really about weight. I'm at an ideal weight I just need to get even more leaner. Being actually the leanest I've ever been i could stand to go further with it. You just basically want all the fat off your body as best you can. It's just dead weight and obviously undesirable.

  4. With all this talk of being thinner, I hope that women cyclist in-particular don't resort to anorexia or bulimia to try and get lighter. Do any of you guys no of any cyclist who went overboard trying to lose weight?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.