riding to atlantic city from GW Bridge

Adventure Cycling Association can put together a good route for you. I've used them to prepare sections of my cross-country trips. You can reach them via www.adv-cycling.org. Their maps are designed to fit into to top of your handlebar bike bag and to be read from left to right (or right to left depending on the direction you're taking). They put together a good ride with at least one good climb per day and mark things like rest stops, campgrounds, motels.

I rode down from Canada to NYC and Philadelphia a few years ago and I took the fast ferry from Manhattan to the Jersey shore. I could have easily continued down to Atlantic City but I went inland aftr Toms River to get to Philadelphia.

Fast Ferry is a good option. Not sure unless you want to ride through northern New Jersey. Certainly some nice areas up there. Fast ferry will but you right on the coast. You could follow the coast line right to AC. During the summer it can get pretty congested along the coast on the weekend during good weather. No big hills though, if its hot and humid likely you will face a head wind all the way there. Though sometimes it blows from the west. The ferry docks right in my town so contact me if you want the local details. I have ridden past Long beach Island park about 45 miles south of here then return. Thats plenty for me to ride.

bike48rider said:
Does anyone know a route to ride to atlantic city from the George Washington Bridge
Depends on what type of riding you want. Are you interested in scenery?? Hills?? Beaches? Jersey is a real diverse state, both ethnically and geographically. You can head west, then south, through the middle of the state. Or you can stay on the east coast for the length of the ride. My best advice is to use Mapquest and try to stay on local roads, or get a Rand McNally map of the state, and see what's available. Better for you to post your proposed route, then ask us for advice on particular roads.