Cycling Training · Public discussion

Riding with weights

Started by etnerual · · Last activity · 45 posts · 6,191 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
21 September 2005
Last activity
7 March 2006
Original author
etnerual
Posts
45
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
6,191
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–45 of 45
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Billsworld said:

    My take on your question is that you are trying to mimic the demands of climbing....without climbing.?


    Just the opposite. I'm *not* trying to mimic the demands of climbing... but would be climbing anyway. 😉

    A parachute would be a good solution on the flats (of which there are also very few of sufficient length here) because of the higher speed, but on a hill, weight plays the same role as aero drag would on the flats. See?

  2. frenchyge said:

    Just the opposite. I'm *not* trying to mimic the demands of climbing... but would be climbing anyway. 😉

    A parachute would be a good solution on the flats (of which there are also very few of sufficient length here) because of the higher speed, but on a hill, weight plays the same role as aero drag would on the flats. See?

    Make a mountain out of a mole hill?🙂 The chute might work as long as it didnt wind up around your Powertap

  3. Billsworld said:

    Make a mountain out of a mole hill?🙂 The chute might work as long as it didnt wind up around your Powertap

    hmmm....that would be interesting to draft behind the chute 😄

    I have an idea

    You use the chute, I will work on my drafting techniques (lazy as I am) as long as you give me a clue just before I hit something. 🙂

  4. frenchyge said:

    Chocolate glazed doughnuts are my favorite.... 😄

    Hmmmmmmm, donuts! Kruller's are my favorite.

    I had a Bat Chute on my Sting-Ray as a kid. Caught a lot of [censored] for it too. 😠 I'm not doing that anymore.

  5. Felt_Rider said:

    hmmm....that would be interesting to draft behind the chute 😄

    I have an idea

    You use the chute, I will work on my drafting techniques (lazy as I am) as long as you give me a clue just before I hit something. 🙂

    If you were drafting behind me with a parachute youd be going slow enough to eat all frenchies and Doc Ms doughnuts while you were riding. I have officially killed another thread!!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.