Ripped my Fizik Aliante saddle!

vshin

May 18, 2004
I crashed into a car door but wasn't hurt so I was lucky. Unfortunately, I now have a 1cm tear on my brand new $200 saddle right above the rear scuff guard. It's small but I'm worried that it will get worse with time and use. Is there any way to repair this? I don't know much about leathercare but I want to patch my poor baby up. It's been so kind to my behind.

Any help will be appreciated.

vshin said:
I crashed into a car door but wasn't hurt so I was lucky. Unfortunately, I now have a 1cm tear on my brand new $200 saddle right above the rear scuff guard. It's small but I'm worried that it will get worse with time and use. Is there any way to repair this? I don't know much about leathercare but I want to patch my poor baby up. It's been so kind to my behind.

Any help will be appreciated.
Mine is scuffed there as well from a crash, but hasn't really torn further.

I've seen TV commercials for some kind of repair stuff. Try your local drug store kinda place that carries things like batteries, school supplies, etc. Maybe they'll have something. If not, hmmm, maybe a not-so-aesthetic smear of epoxy will hold it together.

Why dont you go ask some questions at an auto ulphostery shop. They have the knowledge and knowhow to repair just about any fabrick or leather. Just make sure that the repair doesn't cost more than the seat!