Road Kill Song

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Feb 1, 2003.

  1. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    Every time I ride past a mashed & mangled critter I almost always think of a tune that I used to
    hear long ago. The song was a parody set to the music of "The Old Gray Mare" [she ain't what she
    used to be]. title of parody [I think] was "Great Green Globs" and went something like
    this-----Great green globs of eeewie goooey gofer guts----Mutilated Monkey meat[can't remember the
    rest]. Chorus was ---and me without a spoon and me without a spoon. Anyone remember the rest???????

    Tags:

  2. "Bill B" skrev...
    > Every time I ride past a mashed & mangled critter I almost always think of a tune that I used to
    > hear long ago. The song was a parody set to the music of "The Old Gray Mare" [she ain't what she
    > used to be]. title of parody [I think] was "Great Green Globs" and went something like
    > this-----Great green globs of eeewie goooey gofer guts----Mutilated Monkey meat[can't remember the
    > rest]. Chorus was ---and me without a spoon and me without a spoon. Anyone remember the
    > rest???????

    http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Glade/8851/s5_136.htm
    http://www.rockmusiclist.com/sgreatgg.htm http://australianjoeyscouts1.4t.com/az/flies.html
    http://www.zonefreecleveland.com/songs.htm#Gopher%20Guts

    M.

  3. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    > "Bill B" skrev...
    > > Every time I ride past a mashed & mangled critter I almost always think of a tune that I used to
    > > hear long ago. The song was a parody set to the music of "The Old Gray Mare" [she ain't what she
    > > used to be]. title of parody [I think] was "Great Green Globs" and went something like
    > > this-----Great green globs of eeewie goooey gofer guts----Mutilated Monkey meat[can't remember
    > > the rest]. Chorus was ---and me without a spoon and me without a spoon. Anyone remember the
    > > rest???????
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Glade/8851/s5_136.htm
    > http://www.rockmusiclist.com/sgreatgg.htm http://australianjoeyscouts1.4t.com/az/flies.html
    > http://www.zonefreecleveland.com/songs.htm#Gopher%20Guts
    >
    > M.

    WOW Mr M. I never knew there was so many green glob versions. All the way from Australia too. uncle
    willies underware was a total hoot

  4. Paul Milner

    Paul Milner Guest

    [email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Every time I ride past a mashed & mangled critter I almost always think of a tune that I used to
    > hear long ago. The song was a parody set to the music of "The Old Gray Mare" [she ain't what she
    > used to be]. title of parody [I think] was "Great Green Globs" and went something like
    > this-----Great green globs of eeewie goooey gofer guts----Mutilated Monkey meat[can't remember the
    > rest]. Chorus was ---and me without a spoon and me without a spoon. Anyone remember the
    > rest???????

    Here's the way I learned it back in elementary school in the early 60's...

    Great green gobs of greasy, grimey, gopher guts, concentrated monkeys meat, mutilated pigeons
    feet. Great green gobs of greasy, grimey, goher guts, eat 'em without a spoon...use a staw, slurp,
    slurp, bleehch!

    Paul Milner

  5. Harv

    Harv Guest

    I remember that 'purple porpoise pus' was in there too. "Paul Milner" <[email protected]>
    > [email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Every time I ride past a mashed & mangled critter I almost always think of a tune that I used to
    > > hear long ago. The song was a parody set to the music of "The Old Gray Mare" [she ain't what she
    > > used to be]. title of parody [I think] was "Great Green Globs" and went something like
    > > this-----Great green globs of eeewie goooey gofer guts----Mutilated Monkey meat[can't remember
    > > the rest]. Chorus was ---and me without a spoon and me without a spoon. Anyone remember the
    > > rest???????
    >
    > Here's the way I learned it back in elementary school in the early 60's...
    >
    > Great green gobs of greasy, grimey, gopher guts, concentrated monkeys meat, mutilated pigeons
    > feet. Great green gobs of greasy, grimey, goher guts, eat 'em without a spoon...use a staw, slurp,
    > slurp, bleehch!
    >
    > Paul Milner

  6. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    "here is the full length song Thanks to Mr M.

    Gopher Guts Sent by Kevin Chapel (age 32) Father of two

    Great green globs of greasy grimy gopher guts,

    Mutilated monkey meat,

    Little birdies dirty feet,

    Great green globs of greasy grimy gopher guts,

    And I forgot my spoon!

    Great green gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts,

    Multilated monkey meat,

    Itsy bitsy birdie feet,

    French fried eye-balls,

    Rolling down a muddy street,

    And I forgot my spoon.

    ...But I got my straw!

    Great green gobs of greasy grimey gopher guts,

    Mutilated monkey meat,

    Saturated birdy feet,

    All wrapped up in

    All purpose porpoise pus.

    And me without a spoon!

    Gee whiz! (but I've got a straw)

    Great green gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts

    Mutilated monkey meat

    Chopped up dirty birdy feet.

    A one pound jar of all purpose porpoise pus

    Swimming in pink lemonade.

    Scab sandwich, spit on top

    Monkey vomit, camel snot

    Eagle eye and cookie goo

    Made a sandwich just for you.

  7. In article <[email protected]>, "harv" says...

    >I remember that 'purple porpoise pus' was in there too. "Paul Milner" <[email protected]>
    >wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> [email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> > Every time I ride past a mashed & mangled critter I almost always think of a tune that I used
    >> > to hear long ago. The song was a parody set to the music of "The Old Gray Mare" [she ain't what
    >> > she used to be]. title of parody [I think] was "Great Green Globs" and went something like
    >> > this-----Great green globs of eeewie goooey gofer guts----Mutilated Monkey meat[can't remember
    >> > the rest]. Chorus was ---and me without a spoon and me without a spoon. Anyone remember the
    >> > rest???????

    Disgusting, but since you asked....

    Great big globs of greasy, grimy, gopher guts, mutilated monkey meat, concentrated chicken feet. One
    more can of all purpose porpoise pus, don't you wish you had a spoon!

    Just imagine the useful things I could have done with the neurons it took to remember that for the
    last 45 or so years!

    Steve Christensen Midland, MI

  8. "harv" <harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I remember that 'purple porpoise pus' was in there too.

    Great green gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts Mutilated monkey meat Dirty birdies' little feet All
    wrapped up with all-purpose porpoise pus And me without my spoon.

    Was the Southern California version in the very early '50's.

  9. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    "Zippy the Pinhead" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > Great green gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts Mutilated monkey meat Dirty birdies' little feet All
    > wrapped up with all-purpose porpoise pus And me without my spoon.
    >
    > Was the Southern California version in the very early '50's.

    Since y'all are gettin' grossed out, check out this Flash movie:
    http://www2.omnitel.net/smirlis/tmp/fahrschule.swf

    (Warning: while acceptable in the office environment, this movie may be hazardous to the
    humor-impaired.)

    Jeff