Paul Boyd said:Quoted message said:http://www.flickr.com/photos/md451/
It does have the distinct look about it of being a very temporary
arrangement.
If it's where I think it is then it /is/ temporary, but I think it's
been there for about 18 months now. It was certainly there the last
time I was in that part of Bristol, which would have been last June.
There was a fair amount of discussion about it on the Bristol Cycling
Campaign mailing list a while back, but I can't remember any of it at
present.
Quoted message said:It's difficult to see, but are cyclists sharing a
coned-off path with pedestrians during the building work?
From memory, yes (although I should probably wait for Martin to answer
that, since he's been there much more recently).
Quoted message said:If so, it
does seem reasonable in this particular instance.
Quite, although I believe the boarded off area is a designated shared
use path. Personally I prefer to be on the road anyway.
--
Danny Colyer <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/>
Reply address is valid, but that on my website is checked more often
"Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down.
Daddy, why did you put that down?" - Charlie Colyer, age 2