Robin says: "Ullrich strong, Armstrong nervous"

Keith

Guest
For those who don't know him, Robin is Jean-Cyril Robin, a French guy,
decent climber (finished best Frech rider a few times) racing his 11th
TdF - so he probably know what he's taking about.

Basically he said on the radio tonight (RTL) that the peloton as a
whole was very impressed by Ullrich's power, always staying in the
front with little sign of an effort at which point Cyrill Guimard
asked him "il met de la bracase?" (big gear) and Robin said "yes" and
Guimard said "damn" - and didn't explain why he said that..does he
have money (he lives in the fast lane) on LA winning a 6th? Anyway
Robin added that LA looks nervous moving around the peloton and not
looking his usual powerful self.

Words from th heart of the peloton, we'll see if he was right in the
next few days. I say Ullrich drops everyone like he did at Arcalis in
1997!

"Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For those who don't know him, Robin is Jean-Cyril Robin, a French guy,
> decent climber (finished best Frech rider a few times) racing his 11th
> TdF - so he probably know what he's taking about.
>
> Basically he said on the radio tonight (RTL) that the peloton as a
> whole was very impressed by Ullrich's power, always staying in the
> front with little sign of an effort at which point Cyrill Guimard
> asked him "il met de la bracase?" (big gear) and Robin said "yes" and
> Guimard said "damn" - and didn't explain why he said that..does he
> have money (he lives in the fast lane) on LA winning a 6th? Anyway
> Robin added that LA looks nervous moving around the peloton and not
> looking his usual powerful self.
>
> Words from th heart of the peloton, we'll see if he was right in the
> next few days. I say Ullrich drops everyone like he did at Arcalis in
> 1997!

That's the scary thing, no one knows just how well big Jan will perform in
the mountains. I think it's going to be a titanic struggle between Tyler,
Jan and Lance but Lance winning by a couple of minutes. I'm hoping for two
Americans on the podium. That would speak volumes, since there aren't many
Americans in the Tour.

"Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For those who don't know him, Robin is Jean-Cyril Robin, a French guy,
> decent climber (finished best Frech rider a few times) racing his 11th
> TdF - so he probably know what he's taking about.

And he lead USPS until Lance got back. He placed 6th @ 14:57 in 1998 and
made a big stink about how EPO ruined his career since he would be doing a
lot better (and won the Tour?) if all of the dopers stopped taking their
drugs. He also griped about losing his status at USPS when Lance
demonstrated he was ready to step up as leader but I do not remember the
content of his complaints. Not really worth remembering I think.

> Basically he said on the radio tonight (RTL) that the peloton as a
> whole was very impressed by Ullrich's power, always staying in the
> front with little sign of an effort

PoS. Everyone knows Armstrong struggled last year and will not "look like
himself" until he has a few stages to restore his "aura of invincibity".
There is very little value in his remarks as they are exactly what I would
expect him to say. Lance looked weak last year but he has a lot of excuses.
In short order we will see if he is losing it a bit or if last year's
performance really was an anomoly.

at which point Cyrill Guimard
> asked him "il met de la bracase?" (big gear) and Robin said "yes" and
> Guimard said "damn" - and didn't explain why he said that..does he
> have money (he lives in the fast lane) on LA winning a 6th?

It is very popular to state that Ullrich could beat Armstrong by using
higher cadence and more supple pedaling action (thought to be redundant, but
I disagree). Guimard should know better but I am sure he is still bitter
about how he lost his place at the top of cycling. He was accused of
embezzlement and fired by Cofidis while Lance was ill. He was the one that
hired Lance (along with Julich, Livingston, Andreau and maybe others I
forgot) after Motorola disolved the team. Cofidis was jinxed from the start
since they had to hire idiots to replace Guimard, and those fools replaced
Armstrong with 2 over the hill riders (Rominger and that I always loved but
had very little chance of doing much for the new team. I guess paying them
and Armstrong was a bit difficult and probably the reason Cofidis went back
on their promises.

>Anyway
> Robin added that LA looks nervous moving around the peloton and not
> looking his usual powerful self.

"....very little value..."

> Words from th heart of the peloton, we'll see if he was right in the
> next few days. I say Ullrich drops everyone like he did at Arcalis in
> 1997!

Yeah, that was cool when Jan was spinning like...no, I can't say it...

Keith wrote:
> For those who don't know him, Robin is Jean-Cyril Robin, a French guy,
> decent climber (finished best Frech rider a few times) racing his 11th
> TdF - so he probably know what he's taking about.
>
> Basically he said on the radio tonight (RTL) that the peloton as a
> whole was very impressed by Ullrich's power, always staying in the
> front with little sign of an effort at which point Cyrill Guimard
> asked him "il met de la bracase?" (big gear) and Robin said "yes" and
> Guimard said "damn" - and didn't explain why he said that..does he
> have money (he lives in the fast lane) on LA winning a 6th? Anyway
> Robin added that LA looks nervous moving around the peloton and not
> looking his usual powerful self.
>
> Words from th heart of the peloton, we'll see if he was right in the
> next few days. I say Ullrich drops everyone like he did at Arcalis in
> 1997!

I agree. Ullrich looks super strong and confident. I've seen Armstrong
seeming to exert a lot of effort in places I wouldn't expect him to, almost
grimacing at times. But it doesn't mean much, even if Lance weren't such a
consumate bluffer.

What a bunch of idiots. How can you tell form from watching TV? They both
look fine for now, but the
real story is that we wont know squat until they hit the mountains. All of
the contenders have been quite attentive
and not showing any strategy. We will know by Sunday. It makes me laugh when
someone says they think
JU will do anything just like "1997". Yeah, he's going to regain his form of
7 years ago. Dumbasses.

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Keith wrote:
> > For those who don't know him, Robin is Jean-Cyril Robin, a French guy,
> > decent climber (finished best Frech rider a few times) racing his 11th
> > TdF - so he probably know what he's taking about.
> >
> > Basically he said on the radio tonight (RTL) that the peloton as a
> > whole was very impressed by Ullrich's power, always staying in the
> > front with little sign of an effort at which point Cyrill Guimard
> > asked him "il met de la bracase?" (big gear) and Robin said "yes" and
> > Guimard said "damn" - and didn't explain why he said that..does he
> > have money (he lives in the fast lane) on LA winning a 6th? Anyway
> > Robin added that LA looks nervous moving around the peloton and not
> > looking his usual powerful self.
> >
> > Words from th heart of the peloton, we'll see if he was right in the
> > next few days. I say Ullrich drops everyone like he did at Arcalis in
> > 1997!

> I agree. Ullrich looks super strong and confident. I've seen Armstrong
> seeming to exert a lot of effort in places I wouldn't expect him to,

almost
> grimacing at times. But it doesn't mean much, even if Lance weren't such a
> consumate bluffer.

Dude:

I wish you hadn't revealed this, although it is more correct than you
know. In my conversation with LA yesterday he said to me: "Ya know, I
don't even think I could even beat Fabs Mazzoleni in a trike race. I
just don't have it anymore. I am a giant fraud and live in fear of
being discovered. Once that happens, I will be incapable of climbing
any hill, much less biking 50 km. ****."

That is just a slice of the outpouring of self-doubt I hear from him
constantly. I tried to boost his ego by pointing out his new hot
chick, but he said she really doesn't like him, it is his money she is
into.

Note as well his struggle to stay with the leaders. You can see the
pain on his face, the fear in his eyes, sense the rubber in his legs.
He can barely keep up with these guys on the flats, men of legend
like, well, you know, the guys in the lead.

I really feel sorry for Lance. Maybe they oughta give him a pity
yellow jersey. Something a shade off the maillot jaune, but yellow
nonetheless. Maybe a new award called the Lantern Jaune? Kinda like
lantern rouge but not quite.

App, who is extremely worried about Lance's worrying.

Brian P wrote:
> What a bunch of idiots. How can you tell form from watching TV? They
> both look fine for now, but the
> real story is that we wont know squat until they hit the mountains.
> All of the contenders have been quite attentive
> and not showing any strategy. We will know by Sunday. It makes me
> laugh when someone says they think
> JU will do anything just like "1997". Yeah, he's going to regain his
> form of 7 years ago. Dumbasses.
>
> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Keith wrote:
>>> For those who don't know him, Robin is Jean-Cyril Robin, a French
>>> guy, decent climber (finished best Frech rider a few times) racing
>>> his 11th TdF - so he probably know what he's taking about.
>>>
>>> Basically he said on the radio tonight (RTL) that the peloton as a
>>> whole was very impressed by Ullrich's power, always staying in the
>>> front with little sign of an effort at which point Cyrill Guimard
>>> asked him "il met de la bracase?" (big gear) and Robin said "yes"
>>> and Guimard said "damn" - and didn't explain why he said that..does
>>> he have money (he lives in the fast lane) on LA winning a 6th?
>>> Anyway Robin added that LA looks nervous moving around the peloton
>>> and not looking his usual powerful self.
>>>
>>> Words from th heart of the peloton, we'll see if he was right in the
>>> next few days. I say Ullrich drops everyone like he did at Arcalis
>>> in 1997!

>> I agree. Ullrich looks super strong and confident. I've seen
>> Armstrong seeming to exert a lot of effort in places I wouldn't
>> expect him to, almost grimacing at times. But it doesn't mean much,
>> even if Lance weren't such a consumate bluffer.

Learn to read, P Brain-

On 14 Jul 2004 08:55:49 -0700, [email protected] (Appkiller) wrote:

>Dude:
>
>I wish you hadn't revealed this, although it is more correct than you
>know. In my conversation with LA yesterday he said to me: "Ya know, I
>don't even think I could even beat Fabs Mazzoleni in a trike race. I
>just don't have it anymore. I am a giant fraud and live in fear of
>being discovered. Once that happens, I will be incapable of climbing
>any hill, much less biking 50 km. ****."
>
>That is just a slice of the outpouring of self-doubt I hear from him
>constantly. I tried to boost his ego by pointing out his new hot
>chick, but he said she really doesn't like him, it is his money she is
>into.
>
>Note as well his struggle to stay with the leaders. You can see the
>pain on his face, the fear in his eyes, sense the rubber in his legs.
>He can barely keep up with these guys on the flats, men of legend
>like, well, you know, the guys in the lead.
>
>I really feel sorry for Lance. Maybe they oughta give him a pity
>yellow jersey. Something a shade off the maillot jaune, but yellow
>nonetheless. Maybe a new award called the Lantern Jaune? Kinda like
>lantern rouge but not quite.
>
>App, who is extremely worried about Lance's worrying.

How much time did you waste writing this?

>What a bunch of idiots. How can you tell form from watching TV?

The point here being that J-C Robin actually RIDES in the peloton so
that's an interesting point of view.

"Keith" <nospam@@4ax.com...
> For those who don't know him, Robin is Jean-Cyril Robin, a French guy,
> decent climber (finished best Frech rider a few times) racing his 11th
> TdF - so he probably know what he's taking about.

Robin SUCKS anyway.

He'll be lucky to be within 40 minutes of Lance when Paris hits the horizon.

I liked him in '97 and '98 but lately he is uncompetitive and disses my man.

-Ken

Sierraman wrote:
> "Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>For those who don't know him, Robin is Jean-Cyril Robin, a French guy,
>>decent climber (finished best Frech rider a few times) racing his 11th
>>TdF - so he probably know what he's taking about.
>>
>>Basically he said on the radio tonight (RTL) that the peloton as a
>>whole was very impressed by Ullrich's power, always staying in the
>>front with little sign of an effort at which point Cyrill Guimard
>>asked him "il met de la bracase?" (big gear) and Robin said "yes" and
>>Guimard said "damn" - and didn't explain why he said that..does he
>>have money (he lives in the fast lane) on LA winning a 6th? Anyway
>>Robin added that LA looks nervous moving around the peloton and not
>>looking his usual powerful self.
>>
>>Words from th heart of the peloton, we'll see if he was right in the
>>next few days. I say Ullrich drops everyone like he did at Arcalis in
>>1997!

> That's the scary thing, no one knows just how well big Jan will perform in
> the mountains. I think it's going to be a titanic struggle between Tyler,
> Jan and Lance but Lance winning by a couple of minutes. I'm hoping for two
> Americans on the podium. That would speak volumes, since there aren't many
> Americans in the Tour.

Why would that speak volumes?...about what?

Keith wrote:
> On 14 Jul 2004 08:55:49 -0700, [email protected] (Appkiller) wrote:
>

>>Dude:
>>
>>I wish you hadn't revealed this, although it is more correct than you
>>know. In my conversation with LA yesterday he said to me: "Ya know, I
>>don't even think I could even beat Fabs Mazzoleni in a trike race. I
>>just don't have it anymore. I am a giant fraud and live in fear of
>>being discovered. Once that happens, I will be incapable of climbing
>>any hill, much less biking 50 km. ****."
>>
>>That is just a slice of the outpouring of self-doubt I hear from him
>>constantly. I tried to boost his ego by pointing out his new hot
>>chick, but he said she really doesn't like him, it is his money she is
>>into.
>>
>>Note as well his struggle to stay with the leaders. You can see the
>>pain on his face, the fear in his eyes, sense the rubber in his legs.
>>He can barely keep up with these guys on the flats, men of legend
>>like, well, you know, the guys in the lead.
>>
>>I really feel sorry for Lance. Maybe they oughta give him a pity
>>yellow jersey. Something a shade off the maillot jaune, but yellow
>>nonetheless. Maybe a new award called the Lantern Jaune? Kinda like
>>lantern rouge but not quite.
>>
>>App, who is extremely worried about Lance's worrying.

> How much time did you waste writing this?

I think you shouldn't worry about that.

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply

Ken Papai wrote:
> "Keith" <nospam@@4ax.com...
>> For those who don't know him, Robin is Jean-Cyril Robin, a French
>> guy, decent climber (finished best Frech rider a few times) racing
>> his 11th TdF - so he probably know what he's taking about.

> Robin SUCKS anyway.
>
> He'll be lucky to be within 40 minutes of Lance when Paris hits the
> horizon.
>
> I liked him in '97 and '98 but lately he is uncompetitive and disses
> my man.
>
> -Ken

You have a man? That's so kewl, Ken!

> How much time did you waste writing this?

None - a satirical, rhetorical and metaphorical poke in the eye is
never wasted time.

App