Rock Shox Pilot C Fork

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by kandiguy, Jul 8, 2004.

  1. kandiguy

    kandiguy New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2004
    I am getting a RockShox Pilot C fork on my new bicycle and am wondering about how the quality of this fork is and how it performs. I also am getting clipless pedals but they have the little harness to slide your shoe into. Also an opinion on this type of pedal would be great. Thanks:)
    -kandiguy

    Tags:

  2. Zeeexsixare

    Zeeexsixare Guest

    kandiguy wrote:
    > I am getting a RockShox Pilot C fork on my new bicycle and
    > am wondering about how the quality of this fork is and how
    > it performs.

    It is a good entry-level fork. Don't drop off 2-foot ledges
    onto flat ground, though. If/when you get more advanced,
    you'll have a better feel of what fork you want to put on,
    if you don't just want to upgrade to a whole new bike at
    that point...

    > I also am getting clipless pedals but they have the little
    > harness to slide your shoe into. Also an opinion on this
    > type of pedal would be great. Thanks:) -kandiguy

    You have toe clips, not clipless pedals. Toe clips will get
    you started, and they're a good segue between crappy
    plastic platform pedals and clipless pedals. They're
    sometimes hard to get out of in a bind, but you will learn
    you way with them.

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training