Rock Shox Pilot C Fork

kandiguy

New Member
Jul 7, 2004
I am getting a RockShox Pilot C fork on my new bicycle and am wondering about how the quality of this fork is and how it performs. I also am getting clipless pedals but they have the little harness to slide your shoe into. Also an opinion on this type of pedal would be great. Thanks:)
-kandiguy

kandiguy wrote:
> I am getting a RockShox Pilot C fork on my new bicycle and
> am wondering about how the quality of this fork is and how
> it performs.

It is a good entry-level fork. Don't drop off 2-foot ledges
onto flat ground, though. If/when you get more advanced,
you'll have a better feel of what fork you want to put on,
if you don't just want to upgrade to a whole new bike at
that point...

> I also am getting clipless pedals but they have the little
> harness to slide your shoe into. Also an opinion on this
> type of pedal would be great. Thanks:) -kandiguy

You have toe clips, not clipless pedals. Toe clips will get
you started, and they're a good segue between crappy
plastic platform pedals and clipless pedals. They're
sometimes hard to get out of in a bind, but you will learn
you way with them.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training