RockShox Sid leaking oil

Patrick

Guest
My Sid SL fork is leaking oil from the negative valve - but only when I try to add air. It's holding
pressure, but when I connect the pump it spits out a big red goober all over my fingers. It's pretty
new (6 months), so should be covered under warranty. I'm wondering if it's a common problem, and if
RockShox hassles people about repairing it. Also any suggestions on where the leak is coming from
are appreciated in case I have to attempt repairs myself.

-Patrick

"Patrick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My Sid SL fork is leaking oil from the negative valve - but only when I try to add air. It's
> holding pressure, but when I connect the pump it spits out a big red goober all over my fingers.
> It's pretty new (6 months), so should be covered under warranty. I'm wondering if it's a common
> problem, and if RockShox hassles people about repairing it. Also any suggestions on where the leak
> is coming from are appreciated in case I have to attempt repairs myself.

If its still under warranty, send it back. Don't bother to fix it yourself, they should be able to
back their product up.

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

[email protected] (Patrick) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> My Sid SL fork is leaking oil from the negative valve - but only when I try to add air. It's
> holding pressure, but when I connect the pump it spits out a big red goober all over my fingers.
> It's pretty new (6 months), so should be covered under warranty. I'm wondering if it's a common
> problem, and if RockShox hassles people about repairing it. Also any suggestions on where the leak
> is coming from are appreciated in case I have to attempt repairs myself.
>
> -Patrick

Throw it away and buy a Marzocchi Marathon 80mm.

JD

> [email protected] (Patrick) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > My Sid SL fork is leaking oil from the negative valve - but only when I try to add air. It's
> > holding pressure, but when I connect the pump it spits out a big red goober all over my fingers.
> > It's pretty new (6 months), so should be covered under warranty. I'm wondering if it's a common
> > problem, and if RockShox hassles people about repairing it. Also any suggestions on where the
> > leak is coming from are appreciated in case I have to attempt repairs myself.
> >
> > -Patrick
>
> Throw it away and buy a Marzocchi Marathon 80mm.
>
> JD

Good call, I hate those SIDs

Patrick wrote:
> My Sid SL fork is leaking oil from the negative valve - but only when I try to add air. It's
> holding pressure, but when I connect the pump it spits out a big red goober all over my fingers.
> It's pretty new (6 months), so should be covered under warranty. I'm wondering if it's a common
> problem, and if RockShox hassles people about repairing it. Also any suggestions on where the leak
> is coming from are appreciated in case I have to attempt repairs myself.
>
> -Patrick
it's a fairly common thing, the oil pools on the bottom, turn the bike over for a couple of minutes
before adding the air, problem solved.
--
James Connell