Rotorua to Taupo 100km Flyer

scho047 said:
Hey Pearljam Fan, have you bought your Scott yet???
Hi scho047, short answer is no! The week before I went to Auckland I took my Giant into the AvantiPlus store In Hastings and got properly fitted for the bike. The guys in there couldn't believe how badly I was positioned (and this was done when I bought the bike in another store) - anyway, they spent about 90 minutes measuring, moving and tweaking the stem, saddle etc and I got it fully serviced whilst I was at it. I ended up with a new saddle (Specialized Avatar - the comfiest seat I have ever sat on), new shorter stem, new seat post and Specialized anti-vibration bar tape. Wow! The difference is unbelievable, no aches or pains and the Giant rides like a dream, so for now I'm sticking with it. I'll start looking again around April but may end up getting a Specialized Roubaix Comp, as everything Specialized do seem to suit me just right. I'll keep looking at the Scotts though as they really look like nice bikes for about half the cost of a Specialized (I don't think I really need a full carbon frame)

btw, I'm definetly doing the Rotorua to Taupo flyer, can't wait in fact.

PS - U2 were awesome! :D

Ok, so who managed to get out and do the Flyer last year? Any reports? I've just registered for the 2008 event. Never done it before.
Anyone doing it again this year?