Scattante R-570

September 18

Aug 5, 2011
Does anyone have an opinion on this road bike? I have it on a ship-to-store order and I would like someone's opinion on it.

Scattante is Performance Bike's house brand. It is a decent bike with an aluminum frame and a Shimano 105 drivetrain. They are saving a little bit of money by using a FSA BB and crankset and Tektro brakes, but they are still good components. This is a great bike for the money. The only thing that I would change is the wheelset, but then I am not a fan of Alex wheels. The set that they use on the Scattante R-570 are good enough though.

It's a nice bike with pretty good components. I think the frames of Scattante and Fuji are made by the same manufacturer. I went into Performance yesterday and they had the 2010s for $699 and 2011s for $899. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Unfortunately they just sold the last R-570 in my size. I ended up getting the CFR Comp.

I can't tell if it uses the same crankset as mine (FSA BB-30) but if it does you might want to note if the serial # starts with 10B,10C, or 10D. I think there was a recall on those.