Schumacher Positive

Tom Kunich

Guest
According to cyclingnews Schumacher turned up positive for a
psychoactive drug related to amphetamines which only a dope would
believe wouldn't show a positive.

Is this a case of whacko chemistry or did someone spike his water
bottles?

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:
> According to cyclingnews Schumacher turned up positive for a
> psychoactive drug related to amphetamines which only a dope would
> believe wouldn't show a positive.
>
> Is this a case of whacko chemistry or did someone spike his water
> bottles?

is that a multiple choice question?
e-RICHIE

Tom Kunich wrote:
> According to cyclingnews Schumacher turned up positive for a
> psychoactive drug related to amphetamines which only a dope would
> believe wouldn't show a positive.
>
> Is this a case of whacko chemistry or did someone spike his water
> bottles?

I am pretty sure that this is related to Cat, Catamin (sp?). The drug
made famous during the Somalian famine/UN action. I'm I right?

"Richard Sachs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> According to cyclingnews Schumacher turned up positive for a
>> psychoactive drug related to amphetamines which only a dope would
>> believe wouldn't show a positive.
>>
>> Is this a case of whacko chemistry or did someone spike his water
>> bottles?

Actually I'm beginning to wonder what the hell is with the testing people.
UCI rates this stuff as a performance enhancer - very well, but perhaps it's
time to start putting out actual numbers because trace amounts of suspected
performance enhancers are beginning to show up all over the place.

You can go into some nightclubs in San Francisco, someone in the place
lights up one of those new age doobies and you test positive on the
Commercial Driver's License dope test and have your livelihood taken away
even if you run out right then.

Exactly what sort of people believe that they can get performance enhancing
from amphetamines and not test positive? Don't they understand that modern
testing methods can show one part in a billion? They can tell you if your
diet is lacking in anything in particular.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> According to cyclingnews Schumacher turned up positive for a
>> psychoactive drug related to amphetamines which only a dope would
>> believe wouldn't show a positive.
>>
>> Is this a case of whacko chemistry or did someone spike his water
>> bottles?

> I am pretty sure that this is related to Cat, Catamin (sp?). The drug
> made famous during the Somalian famine/UN action. I'm I right?

Yeah Cathimine it comes from a plant called Kath if memory serves. It's
psychoactive and I can't imagine anyone taking something like that to
produce performance enhancing since it would probably induce hallucination
in high doses.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> You can go into some nightclubs in San Francisco, someone in the place
> lights up one of those new age doobies and you test positive on the
> Commercial Driver's License dope test and have your livelihood taken away
> even if you run out right then.

This would have been useful to know the other day when I was actually
IN SF...

(lots of riders on PCH, which is still good to see)

> Exactly what sort of people believe that they can get performance enhancing
> from amphetamines and not test positive? Don't they understand that modern
> testing methods can show one part in a billion? They can tell you if your
> diet is lacking in anything in particular.

A certin NZ track rider tested positive for amphetamines after
(allegedly) partaking of Ecstasy in a nightclub between heats and
finals. It would not surprise me that some similar mix would show up
in modern-day "party pills".

Hey did the Tour start yet? :) Love the Orange County Choppers/Lance
ad on Discovery...
Stu

Tom Kunich <[email protected]> wrote:
> Exactly what sort of people believe that they can get performance enhancing
> from amphetamines and not test positive? Don't they understand that modern
> testing methods can show one part in a billion? They can tell you if your
> diet is lacking in anything in particular.

Stimulants never left. You take amphetamines in combination with
dope that helps you recover. It cranks your training volume way
up. This guy probably had some super hard training rides leading
up to the race and got caught by misjudging the detection window.

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]

Would that be one of those Nightclubs on Castro street? I did not know that
you frequented those clubs, Thomas.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> According to cyclingnews Schumacher turned up positive for a
> psychoactive drug related to amphetamines which only a dope would
> believe wouldn't show a positive.
>
> Is this a case of whacko chemistry or did someone spike his water
> bottles?

cathine is a stimulant, i think it might be a metabolite of something
else (pseudoephedrine ?). this is what phil zajicek tested positive for
in a chinese stage race.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> According to cyclingnews Schumacher turned up positive for a
> psychoactive drug related to amphetamines which only a dope would
> believe wouldn't show a positive.
>
> Is this a case of whacko chemistry or did someone spike his water
> bottles?

cathine is a stimulant, i think it might be a metabolite of something
else (pseudoephedrine ?). this is what phil zajicek tested positive for
in a chinese stage race.

are we talking about vitamin K, like a k-hole?
I do remember a pro cyclist telling me he dabbled
with this stuff - for recovery. weird stuff, like
techno trance rave party type stuff.
this german shumacher must party.
it's LCD style stimulant.
what drugs DON'T cyclists take?

Tom Kunich wrote:

> Exactly what sort of people believe that they can get performance
> enhancing from amphetamines and not test positive? Don't they
> understand that modern testing methods can show one part in a
> billion? They can tell you if your diet is lacking in anything in
> particular.

They're bike riders. The same that will try to convince anyone who will
listen that the drugs found in their possession were for their
dog/mother-in-law/aunt/pregnant wife/pregnant husband/all of the above.

Jeff

"Jeff Jones" <jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com> wrote in news:42c131ac$0$11036
[email protected]:

> They're bike riders. The same that will try to convince anyone who will
> listen that the drugs found in their possession were for their
> dog/mother-in-law/aunt/pregnant wife/pregnant husband/all of the above.

Long-lost, dead twin?

> According to cyclingnews Schumacher turned up positive for a
> psychoactive drug related to amphetamines which only a dope would
> believe wouldn't show a positive.

As far as I know the FIA doesn't ban pilots from taking boosters.

oenophile wrote:

>>According to cyclingnews Schumacher turned up positive for a
>>psychoactive drug related to amphetamines which only a dope would
>>believe wouldn't show a positive.

> As far as I know the FIA doesn't ban pilots from taking boosters.

very funny, but this is Stefan Schumacher, not "Schumi"