Armstrong or Schumacher-who's bigger?

Ronde Chumpion

Guest
Hey,

F1 guy going for title #7. Bike boy going for number 6.
Who's bigger?

Thanks, RC

"ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey,
>
> F1 guy going for title #7. Bike boy going for number 6.
> Who's bigger?
>
> Thanks, RC

When biker boy's team budget tops $500 million/year, your
question may have some basis to it.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > F1 guy going for title #7. Bike boy going for number
> > > 6. Who's bigger?
> > >
> > > Thanks, RC
> >
> > When biker boy's team budget tops $500 million/year,
> > your question may have some basis to it.
>
> And I believe Schumacher's salary is about $80 mil a year
> isn't it? Dave

Salary *and* endorsements might get up into that range. I
think his Ferrari salary is in the $35m area. for a while
he was also sponsored by Technogym, the same bunch who
were part of Ferretti's MG-Technogym team. I don't know
if they are still with him, though.

--
tanx, Howard

Q: Why did the metalhead cross the road?
R: Because he's a gullible moron who'll buy
anything with a skull on it.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

But would Schumacher really be all that rich and famous if
he were on let's say, Minardi?? Mika Salo replaced him when
he broke his leg in Silverstone, got some results, then
returned to his old team and pretty much disappeared from
the leaderboards. Unless there cars are more equal, it's
pretty much an unfair competition, whereas in cycling,
individual efforts account for more meaning in the results.

No doubt that he's the best on the F1 circuit, but has a
highly funded team to provide him with the faster car.

"ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey,
>
> F1 guy going for title #7. Bike boy going for number 6.
> Who's bigger?
>
> Thanks, RC

"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> But would Schumacher really be all that rich and famous if
> he were on let's say, Minardi?? Mika Salo replaced him
> when he broke his leg in Silverstone, got some results,
> then returned to his old team and
pretty
> much disappeared from the leaderboards. Unless there

there=their

middle eastnern cab drives than can do his job.

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > > message news:[email protected]
> > > gle.com...

bigger?

> > > When biker boy's team budget tops $500 million/year,
> > > your question may
have

On 09 Mar 2004 23:20:53 EST, "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote:

>But would Schumacher really be all that rich and famous if
>he were on let's say, Minardi?? Mika Salo replaced him when
>he broke his leg in Silverstone, got some results, then
>returned to his old team and pretty much disappeared from
>the leaderboards. Unless there cars are more equal, it's
>pretty much an unfair competition, whereas in cycling,
>individual efforts account for more meaning in the results.
>
>No doubt that he's the best on the F1 circuit, but has a
>highly funded team to provide him with the faster car.

You underestimate the poor results Ferrari had before
he joined and the role he contiues to play in
devloping the car.

Regards! Stephen

"Roger Ramjet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:VOw3c.604$%[email protected]...

of
> middle eastnern cab drives than can do his job.

First to answer the original question Schumacher is way
"bigger" world wide than just about any other active sports
figure!! ... as for you ... BULL ... that's like saying any
of the NYC bicycle messengers can win the tour!! I have
raced motorcycles and it's amazing when you are on the track
with a world caliber rider ... they pass you like you are
standing still (I was turning 100mph average laps at
Willow)!! Yea he may not have the capacity of Lance ... but
what it takes to get to his level CANNOT be done by some NYC
cabbie ... if any of those guys were even close some rich
oil sheik from their county would be all over it ...
ignorance is bliss.

s http://boardnbike.com

Steve McGinty wrote:

> On 09 Mar 2004 23:20:53 EST, "Jiyang Chen"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>But would Schumacher really be all that rich and famous if
>>he were on let's say, Minardi?? Mika Salo replaced him
>>when he broke his leg in Silverstone, got some results,
>>then returned to his old team and pretty much disappeared
>>from the leaderboards. Unless there cars are more equal,
>>it's pretty much an unfair competition, whereas in
>>cycling, individual efforts account for more meaning in
>>the results.
>>
>>No doubt that he's the best on the F1 circuit, but has a
>>highly funded team to provide him with the faster car.
>

> You underestimate the poor results Ferrari had before
> he joined and the role he contiues to play in devloping
> the car.
>
> Regards! Stephen

Definitely. Much of what Michael Schumacher did was to
marshal the team around him, and change the composition of
the team to suit his needs, including bringing Ross Brawn
and Rory Byrne onto the team. This is something that many of
the greats (Senna, Prost, Lauda, etc.) were able to do.

Anyway, the better drivers will eventually end up on the
better teams, for the most part. The cream generally rises
to the top.

Now, Kimi Raikonnen may be the driver who makes your case.
Potential World Champion in driving ability, but he may be
hamstrung, at least this year, if the McLaren-Mercedes is
not up to speed.

Steve McGinty wrote:
> You underestimate the poor results Ferrari had before
> he joined and the role he contiues to play in devloping
> the car.

And he won his first title in a low budget Benetton.