Schwinn replacement forks

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Stephen Simon, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. I have a 1987 or 1988 Schwinn World Sport. Its a 21'' frame. I am trying to find a replacement fork
    for bike. Bike is Nos with a damaged fork. Any Sources?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Tags:

  2. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    "Stephen Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have a 1987 or 1988 Schwinn World Sport. Its a 21'' frame. I am trying to find a replacement
    > fork for bike. Bike is Nos with a damaged fork. Any Sources?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    The World Sports were made in Taiwan and utilized more common dimensions than earlier, "unique",
    Schwinn forks- you should be able to get a replacement fork from any bike shop. The fork will be
    chrome-plated instead of painted.

    Jeff

  3. I assume you tried Schwinn?

  4. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Stephen Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a 1987 or 1988 Schwinn World Sport. Its a 21'' frame. I am trying to find a replacement
    > fork for bike. Bike is Nos with a damaged fork. Any Sources?

    A replacement fork? Any competent LBS which services bicycles will have chromed forks for 27" wheels
    at low prices.

    An exact restoration fork in matching color? No idea on that one.