Seasonal Wear

BadBreaks

Dec 1, 2004
What clothing do you guys usually wear when you are riding?

I've only been riding in the cold/wind and rain so far so I usually wear, shorts and 1 jersey (short sleeves) and over that sweat pants and a hoodie. Depending on the weather I will also wear a wind sheeter, wooly hat and warm (not cycling) gloves. Regular socks. It can be bothersome because you get hotter when you ride and want to take off layers but you can't always. If it is wet you need more waterproofing than actual warmth. Then your legs are cold and your torso isn't etc. etc.

I consider adding a second jersey underneath sometimes.

I haven't managed to get out in the good weather yet. What do you wear in summer?

BadBreaks

If it`s warm I wear just shorts and usual jersey and I take sleeveless windstopper and maybe arm warmers for descents! If it`s colder I wear sweat jersey too, maybe arm and leg warmers! I always wear mits..

Warm weather = jersey and shorts. Cold weather = Jersey and shorts
I'd wear arm warmers if i had some. and i always wear gloves (the day you dont is the day you fall) so much that i have a tan line...

I like boundary lines between brown and white parts of the body so I always try to wear the same in the sunny weather! Then all know that you`re a cyclist..:D

In warm weather I just wear short and a jersey, and occasionally a base layer.

In winter, I have a few other things at my disposal: a set of warm cycling gloves, arm warmers, a skull cap, and tights. I also wear heavier socks to make up for my lack of shoe covers.

At the moment here it's around 40 degree f. and 20 to 30 mph winds. It also tends to be raining a lot. That's the biggest pain because even if it's not raining when you out the roads are all wet and muck and you get drowned.

It's the inddor trainer these days for me.

BadBreaks

yeh its no so bad on the arms, legs, and hands but im gettin a bit worried about wearing sunnies....*thinking*......lol, that'd look weird...

Or lines because helmet belt! Last year I was exposing all body to the sun just few hours and cycling nearly every day so you can imagine how did I look!:eek:

well, for the winter i have this windproof waterproof jacket, and i was biking round in temperatures of about 0/1 degrees (C) (32/35F) and i was really warm! it's really good for cold weather. In summer, I just wear shorts and t-shirt, i don't think much of lycra!

for summer- jersey knicks light undershirt, take arm warmers if the weather looks dodgy and spray jacket if I'm doing strength endurance work for the descents.

for winter- two pairs of socks, leg warmers knicks, heavy or light undershirt dpending on the night, short sleave jersey, long sleave fleecy jersey, arm warmers underneath if its freezing, one of those dinky little cap thingos (so good), spray jacket in pocket. Think thats it!