Semi OT: Why I left Fundamentalist Christiantity

Andie has kill filed you........ i will give him the
opportunity to see your posts, Dr Nagler.

Chung and courtesy in the same sentence....... kinda hard
to imagine.

"Stephen Nagler" <> wrote in message @4ax.com...
> On Sun, 02 May 2004 03:40:24 -0400, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung,
> MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >It would seem that you are not unlike either Stephen or
> >Bob in this regard.

> Dr. Chung:
>
> Regarding matters of medicine and religion, last week I
> agreed not to address you and not to refer to you on this
> newsgroup.
>
> I will expect you to show me the same courtesy.
>
> stephen nagler

On Sun, 02 May 2004 11:40:16 GMT, Stephen Nagler <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Sun, 02 May 2004 03:40:24 -0400, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung,
>MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>It would seem that you are not unlike either Stephen or
>>Bob in this regard.

>Dr. Chung:
>
>Regarding matters of medicine and religion, last week I
>agreed not to address you and not to refer to you on this
>newsgroup.
>
>I will expect you to show me the same courtesy.
>
>stephen nagler

Then why did you just address him?

Terri

On 30 Apr 2004 16:37:24 GMT, [email protected] (ChuckMSRD) wrote:

> Just let it be known that I *hope* I am wrong. My Mother
> passed 2 years ago and was a Christian woman. I want
> nothing more than to see, hold, talk to her again.

There is significant discourse in the Word of God that
claims you will never be able to do so.
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap960222.html Lift well,
Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

Mosaic M_uns wrote:

> On Sat, 01 May 2004 05:05:20 -0400, "Bob (this one)"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Catholicism isn't a fundamentalist religion like your
>>selective vision of Christianity.
>
> lol
>
> uh-huh.

Funny thing about the usual non answers from Mu_lchpile. His
wacko psychoChristianity makes it optional to live a good
life, do any good deeds or refrain from bad actions; he says
that mere belief that Jesus is divine is sufficient. No
other conditions affect salvation, according to him and
Chung. They can now do *anything* they want and it won't
matter to Jesus how they use and abuse others.

That's a crippled fundamentalist view that says the whole
rest of the bible is irrelevant. Fundies believe they have
an exclusive grasp on any and all truth with no other
possibilities for sincere discourse. This is disrespectful
of the messages that Jesus brought and the lessons he
offered about how to live the Christian life.

Catholicism and all other major Christian groups have very
sincere variations of opinion (finally, it's all opinion
since it's all about faith) within their bounds. Unlike
rational Christianity, there is no room for any other
thought in hte constricted, self-serving understanding of Mu
and Chung. Sad, really.

Bob

>>> Just let it be known that I *hope* I am wrong. My Mother
>>> passed 2 years ago and was a Christian woman. I want
>>> nothing more than to see, hold, talk to her again.
>>
>>There is significant discourse in the Word of God that
>>claims you will never be able to do so.

On 12 May 2004 09:58:06 GMT, [email protected]
(ChuckMSRD) wrote:

>Aren't you a sweet and compassionate Christian.

Compassion has more to do with telling the truth than it has
to do with allowing someone to live a lie.

> So if I re- re- re- accept Christ and I will not go
> to heaven?

Beats me. those are not my judgments to make and I
spend little to no time worrying about Christ's
judgments of others.

> By grace you are saved through faith... thankfully Christ
> is much more compassionate than you.

I would agree especially in light of my definition of
compassion above.

> Today you shall be with me in paradise... Perhaps you
> should put a shade over your "light."

Perhaps you should seriously consider the fact that you
never truly saw the Light.
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap960222.html Lift well,
Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

>>Perhaps you should seriously consider the fact that you
>>never truly saw the Light.

On 14 May 2004 10:59:19 GMT, [email protected]
(ChuckMSRD) wrote:

>You dont know me from a hole in the wall jerk

Then the persona and opinions you express here are some sort
of comedy routine? What is a "wall jerk"?

> - I thought you did not concern yourself with judegements
> of thers? hypocrite!.

No judgments; I simply asked for you to consider something.
Why the immediate jump to a defensive/offensive posture? Why
the name calling?

Why the sensitivity to addressing your lack of
Christian beliefs?

Remember, you announced you were dismissing this thread a
couple of days ago. Why stick around if you feel so abused?

> I was born-again for 10 years.

I would say you were never born again at all.

>Because I now have doubts about the whole thing I "was
>never saved" is a bunch of elitist BS from arrogant jerks
>like you.

No, it is a statement from the Christ you now so
vehemently deny.

> Many shall come on that day and say Lord Lord, depart
> from me I never knew you Mosaic. Be careful of your
> arrogance. Your light is a big turn off to non believers
> and actually is more like damaging radiation - im sure
> Christ is very proud of the arrogant, selfish witness you
> portray in his name.

I'm sure you know little to nothing of Christ, if you ever
did, and even less of what He thinks of me.

I'd watch those judgments if I were you.
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap960222.html Lift well,
Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

>>I would say you were never born again at all.

On 14 May 2004 20:08:27 GMT, [email protected]
(ChuckMSRD) wrote:

>No judgement there, just spiritual discernement - from a
>computer screen no less?

I have an opinion about your (lack of) Christianity but I
make no judgments whatsoever about your relationship with
Christ. No idea if you are in His Grace or not. No idea if
tomorrow you find Christ and if you do, what that ultimately
might mean for you.

>The psychology of self-delusion is oh so entertaining. You
>have some deep deep holes in your being that you fill with
>this illusion that you have obtained a chosen status. You
>have my pity.

Thanks, but, frankly, I think you're full of hypocritical
****. You no more pity me than I pity your road to eternal
nonexistence. http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap960222.html

ChuckMSRD wrote:

> >I would say you were never born again at all.
>
> No judgement there, just spiritual discernement - from a
> computer screen no less? The psychology of self-delusion
> is oh so entertaining. You have some deep deep holes in
> your being that you fill with this illusion that you have
> obtained a chosen status. You have my pity.

Mu has as much right to make observations about you as you
about him.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD