shimano ultegra 10sp chain with wipperman link

I just bought a new shimano ultegra 10 sp chain for the tandem. I had
a 2 year old 10sp wipperman chain laying around that I used on my campy
road bike. I read posts that the wipperman link works nicely on
shimano chains.

My wipperman link would not fit. Did something change?

JimT

[email protected] wrote:
> I just bought a new shimano ultegra 10 sp chain for the tandem. I had
> a 2 year old 10sp wipperman chain laying around that I used on my campy
> road bike. I read posts that the wipperman link works nicely on
> shimano chains.
>
> My wipperman link would not fit. Did something change?
>
> JimT

I use the Wipperman link on shimano 10s chains all the time..the so
called '6.1' model..