shimano ultegra 10sp chain with wipperman link

I just bought a new shimano ultegra 10 sp chain for the tandem. I had
a 2 year old 10sp wipperman chain laying around that I used on my campy
road bike. I read posts that the wipperman link works nicely on
shimano chains.

My wipperman link would not fit. Did something change?

JimT

[email protected] wrote:
> I just bought a new shimano ultegra 10 sp chain for the tandem. I had
> a 2 year old 10sp wipperman chain laying around that I used on my campy
> road bike. I read posts that the wipperman link works nicely on
> shimano chains.
>
> My wipperman link would not fit. Did something change?
>
> JimT

I don't know what you mean by 'don't fit'but there are 2 wipperman 10
speed links. A 6.2 mm and a 6.0 mm. For Shimano 10 speed and Campagnolo
Ultra Narrow chains you have to use the 6.0 mm one.

Lou
--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Lou Holtman wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > I just bought a new shimano ultegra 10 sp chain for the tandem. I had
> > a 2 year old 10sp wipperman chain laying around that I used on my campy
> > road bike. I read posts that the wipperman link works nicely on
> > shimano chains.
> >
> > My wipperman link would not fit. Did something change?
> >
> > JimT
> >

> I don't know what you mean by 'don't fit'but there are 2 wipperman 10
> speed links. A 6.2 mm and a 6.0 mm. For Shimano 10 speed and Campagnolo
> Ultra Narrow chains you have to use the 6.0 mm one.
>

> Lou
> --
> Posted by news://news.nb.nu

The pin on the wipperman link was to large in diameter to fit into the
hole in the shimano chain.

When I bought this wipperman chain I do not think there was a specific
campy or shimano link available. Could it be that the older wipperman
link is different from what is now available?

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:04:24 +0200, Lou Holtman
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I don't know what you mean by 'don't fit'but there are 2 wipperman 10
>speed links. A 6.2 mm and a 6.0 mm. For Shimano 10 speed and Campagnolo
>Ultra Narrow chains you have to use the 6.0 mm one.

But, they both work fine. Even a Sram Powerlink II gold works with
the Shimano 10sp chain. I've been using that combo for a couple of
years.