shipping a tandem

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by John Clarke, Mar 10, 2003.

  1. John Clarke

    John Clarke Guest

    I need to ship a tandem bent from Philadelphia to Alabama. If UPS will not take the large size box,
    are there any suggestions?

    Any idea of cost?

    Thanks, John Clarke

    Tags:

  2. Put it in two smaller boxes. Perry bentcajungirl

    > Put it in two smaller boxes. Perry bentcajungirl

    Or three. I don't think UPS charges by the piece, just by the pound. Your larges box can't exceed a
    certain weight or 130" (Length plus girth)
    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  4. Greyhound Bus Lines...seriously
    ---------------------
    "John Clarke" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I need to ship a tandem bent from Philadelphia to Alabama. If UPS will
    not
    > take the large size box, are there any suggestions?
    >
    > Any idea of cost?
    >
    > Thanks, John Clarke

  5. maybe check 1st with Greyhound about the tandem length. I have shipped 2 LWB (wheels off) and 1 Mtb
    (wheels on) without any problems, but a tandem might be pushing it a bit.

    "John Clarke" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I need to ship a tandem bent from Philadelphia to Alabama. If UPS will
    not
    > take the large size box, are there any suggestions?
    >
    > Any idea of cost?
    >
    > Thanks, John Clarke

  6. Richard Ryan

    Richard Ryan Guest

    "John Clarke" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I need to ship a tandem bent from Philadelphia to Alabama. If UPS will
    not
    > take the large size box, are there any suggestions?
    >
    > Any idea of cost?
    >
    > Thanks, John Clarke

    We used to ship our tandems in two boxes via Fed-Ex, cost was $125 anyplace in the
    country. Dick Ryan