Shoe is hitting tire

Khlash

Jul 8, 2004
I'm a newb to road riding so sorry if this is an old question. While waiting at a stoplight today I noticed that my shoe will hit my tire if its turned more than about 30 degrees or so. Is this normal? If it ever hits and im riding im going down for sure but I dont really see any way of fixing it. I'd say theres about an inch overlap. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

First of all welcome aboard. Quite simply - Yes. While turning, you don't really / shouldn't be turning your your handlebars that much. The next item is foot placement during a turn - if you are turning right - your right foot would be in the 12 o'clock position while your left foot would be in the 6 o'clock position.

I was going to say the same less eloquently- if your tire hits your foot in a turn, your about to flip anyway...It is a natural rythm though- I have only met one person who never figured out the foot placement in fast tight turns...he flipped

I believe that if you adjust your cleat on your shoes it shouldn't hit the tire. If you don't have road shoes, then there's not much you can do except learn to avoid hitting it.

Yeah I've got road shoes. I dont think theres any way I could adjust the cleat enough to fix the issue. Ive never encountered it while riding so I guess I'll just make a mental note to keep it in mind during turns. It would have to be a really really sharp turn anyway. Any turn that sharp id likely do at pretty low speeds.. Thanks