SID XC Fork Repair/Maintance/Rebuild

ahgatewood

Oct 12, 2005
:confused: :confused: Hi, I have a '00 era Rockshox SID XC. I am looking for information and diagrams that explain how to maintain and rebuild this model. I like this fork, it works for what I need and I want to make sure it lasts.

I’m interested on any resources cyclingforum readers think would help. For that matter, any resources on MTB maintenance would be nice too.

99% of my riding is on a road bike, so i'm not very current on mtb stuff. I do all of my own maintenance (all of it!), but I’ve never worked on a shock-fork.:) :)

ahgatewood,

Super easy fork to work on. Go to www.sram.com and click on the Rock Shox logo - then click service then service guides

Read all the steps first because you can do some damage to the fork if your not careful (ie: rebound dial getting damaged during re-assembly)

Good Luck!

thanks, that's exactly what i am looking for. i must have missed it when i looked through the sram site. thanks:)

sir.crashalot said:
ahgatewood,

Super easy fork to work on. Go to www.sram.com and click on the Rock Shox logo - then click service then service guides

Read all the steps first because you can do some damage to the fork if your not careful (ie: rebound dial getting damaged during re-assembly)

Good Luck!