Sidi Sizing Question

Kliphten

Sep 19, 2011
I have a pair of Sidi Zephyr shoes but am planning on upgrading. They are size 40 and they feel snug and the right size but when I walk in them, my heel slides up and down (slightly). My question is, is this supposed to happen or should I try a 39.5? Currently, when I put them on, I don't have much more room for the toes but I know the half sizes do go down by 3mm so it could possibly work but would be awfully close.

Also, I don't think I can try these at a store because I can't find any that have size 39/39.5 in stock so the only option would be to order them.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Kliphten .

I have a pair of Sidi Zephyr shoes but am planning on upgrading. They are size 40 and they feel snug and the right size but when I walk in them, my heel slides up and down (slightly). My question is, is this supposed to happen or should I try a 39.5? Currently, when I put them on, I don't have much more room for the toes but I know the half sizes do go down by 3mm so it could possibly work but would be awfully close.

Also, I don't think I can try these at a store because I can't find any that have size 39/39.5 in stock so the only option would be to order them.

Any help would be much appreciated.
With properly fitting cycling shoes, your heel just might move up and down when walking. Those shoes are made for pedaling, whose motion and kinesiology are different than walking. If you're not getting heel movement while cycling and are happy with how shoes fit, those shoes are fine for you.

Originally Posted by alienator .

With properly fitting cycling shoes, your heel just might move up and down when walking. Those shoes are made for pedaling, whose motion and kinesiology are different than walking. If you're not getting heel movement while cycling and are happy with how shoes fit, those shoes are fine for you.
Right on the money. Cycling shoes don't flex (much in the sole so when walking heel usually occurs. It sounds like your current shoes fit properly.