Crash and I make this several times a year. Actually, I make it and he
wolfs it down. I don't bring the roast to room temperature, I just
throw it in the cast iron dutch oven directly from the refrigerator.
Should definitely not be frozen, though.
* Exported from MasterCook *
On Again, Off Again Pot Roast
Recipe By :Margaret Fox (Cafe Beajolais Cookbook)
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : beef
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 1/2 pounds chuck roast -- at room temperature
1 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic -- minced
2 yellow onions -- peeled and thinly
sliced
Rub salt, pepper and garlic into chuck roast and place in a Dutch oven.
Cover with the onions.
Cover and place in a 350°F oven for 1 hour.
Remove cover and bake for 1 more hour
Replace top and bake for 1 more hour.
Source:
"Chris Dabney in rec.food.cooking"