Since I couldn't find a thread....

yjuosj

Nov 10, 2005
The past week in my town (Denver, CO) has being freezing cold, with high temps on the 18's!!!! So, I've been using my trainer. I read in some magazine (forgive me for that) that you should do intervals, etc. Well, my fitness seems to have increased!!! (and wheels seem to have disappear!!!:eek: ) (I have a fluid trainer by the way) I've been doing some thinking and I couldn't get done in three weeks, i got done in one week on the trainer. Sooner or later the cold has to go away and spinning out when it's hot... I'm guessing is not fun (never actually tried) My question is: What can I do to increase the efficiency/productivity of my rides when I ride outside!!!???

PS. I do a 30 mile long curse. The first 8 miles is pretty much flat, the next 7 are steep (8%), 7 more going downhill (coming back), 8 more flat.

yjuosj said:
The past week in my town (Denver, CO) has being freezing cold, with high temps on the 18's!!!! So, I've been using my trainer. I read in some magazine (forgive me for that) that you should do intervals, etc. Well, my fitness seems to have increased!!! (and wheels seem to have disappear!!!:eek: ) (I have a fluid trainer by the way) I've been doing some thinking and I couldn't get done in three weeks, i got done in one week on the trainer. Sooner or later the cold has to go away and spinning out when it's hot... I'm guessing is not fun (never actually tried) My question is: What can I do to increase the efficiency/productivity of my rides when I ride outside!!!???

PS. I do a 30 mile long curse. The first 8 miles is pretty much flat, the next 7 are steep (8%), 7 more going downhill (coming back), 8 more flat.
start using a power meter

HR

yjuosj said:

Or just do intervals outdoors. Sounds like right now you "just ride" when you are outdoors, rather than train.