size of a frame...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Maras, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Maras

    Maras Guest

    Hi!

    I come from Poland - I'm sorry for my English...

    I have one question to You.

    What do You think, which size of frame(MTB) would be good for me: My predispositions:
    - height > 197 cm = 77,55 inches
    - length of the leg (from heel to groin) > 98 cm = 38,58 inches
    - lenght of the arm (from the center of armpit to knuckle <without lenght of the longest finger!>) >
    75-77 cm = 29,52-30,31 inches
    - lenght of the arm (from the center of armpit until the end of the longest finger) > 86-88 cm = 33,85-
    34,64 inches
    - lenght of the trunk (from pelvisbone to collarbone; inhalation/exhalation)
    > 50/55 cm = 19,68/21,65 inches

    which size of frame should I choose to: (MTB frame)
    - XC/sport ride
    - sth like hmmmm.... between XC and globetrotter/travel ride - normal ride through forests....
    - typical globetrotter/travel, "light" ride

    Thank You for any informations and advices

    Marek Nawrocki Poznan-Poland-Biker

    Tags:

  2. David Kerber

    David Kerber Guest

    > Hi!
    >
    > I come from Poland - I'm sorry for my English...

    Your English is great; far better than my (any other language you care to name, though I do
    read/write a little French)!

    > I have one question to You.
    >
    > What do You think, which size of frame(MTB) would be good for me: My predispositions:
    > - height > 197 cm = 77,55 inches
    > - length of the leg (from heel to groin) > 98 cm = 38,58 inches
    > - lenght of the arm (from the center of armpit to knuckle <without lenght of the longest finger!>)
    > > 75-77 cm = 29,52-30,31 inches

    Probably about as big as you can find.

  3. Bruce Lange

    Bruce Lange Guest

    Maras,

    I agree with Dave, probably the biggest you can find. Test ride one if you have the opportunity.

    If you have the money for a custom bike (US $1500 or more) you might try Zinn Cycles in Boulder, CO,
    USA. Dial to the USA then 303-499-4349.

    http://www.zinncycles.com

    Even if you don't have the money for a custom bike, contact them. They can probably answer your
    questions better than just about anyone else.

    Bruce Lange

    or

    Bruce Klimaszewski - (if my great-grandfather had not changed his name)

    Denver, Colorado, USA cyclist

  4. Maras

    Maras Guest

    Thanks

    Do you think 23,5'' MTB will be good for me? Wasn't it too big for me? I heard that frame should
    (better responsive) be a little bit smaller? I ride rather normal - not radical XC and radical
    globetrotter .;)

    My bike-club >> www.cyklista.prv.pl >>> on the left NASZ TEAM >> and at the bottom (next to last)
    Marek Nawrocki - it's me :)) and too small frame.. ;)

    --

    P_O_Z_D_R_O_W_E_R_Y pozbiker maras

    U¿ytkownik "David Kerber" <[email protected]_ids.net> napisa³ w wiadomoœci

    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > I come from Poland - I'm sorry for my English...
    >
    > Your English is great; far better than my (any other language you care to name, though I do
    > read/write a little French)!
    >

    > > I have one question to You.
    > >
    > > What do You think, which size of frame(MTB) would be good for me: My predispositions:
    > > - height > 197 cm = 77,55 inches
    > > - length of the leg (from heel to groin) > 98 cm = 38,58 inches
    > > - lenght of the arm (from the center of armpit to knuckle <without
    lenght of
    > > the longest finger!>) > 75-77 cm = 29,52-30,31 inches
    >

    > Probably about as big as you can find.
    >

    > --
    > Dave Kerber Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!
    >
    > REAL programmers write self-modifying code.

  5. Maras

    Maras Guest

    $1500 = Oh my God.... ;-))

    thanks. I will write to "zinncycles" ;-))

    Poznan, Poland, Maras pozbiker www.cyklista.prv.pl >> NASZ TEAM >> Marek Nawrocki

    --

    P_O_Z_D_R_O_W_E_R_Y pozbiker maras

    U¿ytkownik "Bruce Lange" <[email protected]> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    news:tukRb.29949$U%[email protected]_s03...