Slime Question

evsolutions

Guest
I had my 1st flat in years a few days ago (559mm Avocet Cross) and had to do
something I have not tried in years (walk) the bent. I have never tried
Slime and never bothered reading about it...no flats kinda makes you think
you are bulletproof.

IF I used Slime after my tire blew (95 psi), would the Slime give me this
much or nearly the much tire pressure. I'd only need it to get home. I have
long since given up carrying a MAFAC kit with spare tubes & if SLIME does
the job...I'd try it.

Joshua
******

PS had new spokes installed and the lbs skimped and ignored the TUFFY....100
yards from the bike shop the tube blew.

Along the same line, what about using the "thorn-proof" tubes I see in
the bike catalogs. Though in this case, I'm not so sure they would've
helped because ot appears they are thicker on the bottom & sides only.

rr

evsolutions wrote:
> I had my 1st flat in years a few days ago (559mm Avocet Cross) and had to do
> something I have not tried in years (walk) the bent. I have never tried
> Slime and never bothered reading about it...no flats kinda makes you think
> you are bulletproof.
>
> IF I used Slime after my tire blew (95 psi), would the Slime give me this
> much or nearly the much tire pressure. I'd only need it to get home. I have
> long since given up carrying a MAFAC kit with spare tubes & if SLIME does
> the job...I'd try it.
>
> Joshua
> ******
>
> PS had new spokes installed and the lbs skimped and ignored the TUFFY....100
> yards from the bike shop the tube blew.

I use Slime in my 3 bikes and trailor and have done for several years.
You can end up with multiple punctures and not know about it untill
you change tube/tire !
I wouldn't go on a trip wihout it.
Have to use Schrader valves and not Presta.

Mike.
Speed Ross
BikeE RX

> IF I used Slime after my tire blew (95 psi), would the Slime give me this
> much or nearly the much tire pressure. I'd only need it to get home. I have
> long since given up carrying a MAFAC kit with spare tubes & if SLIME does
> the job...I'd try it.

Thankyou...will try the Slime now/
news:[email protected]...