Slime Question

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Evsolutions, May 19, 2004.

  1. Evsolutions

    Evsolutions Guest

    I had my 1st flat in years a few days ago (559mm Avocet
    Cross) and had to do something I have not tried in years
    (walk) the bent. I have never tried Slime and never bothered
    reading about it...no flats kinda makes you think you are
    bulletproof.

    IF I used Slime after my tire blew (95 psi), would the
    Slime give me this much or nearly the much tire pressure.
    I'd only need it to get home. I have long since given up
    carrying a MAFAC kit with spare tubes & if SLIME does the
    job...I'd try it.

    Joshua
    ******

    PS had new spokes installed and the lbs skimped and ignored
    the TUFFY....100 yards from the bike shop the tube blew.

    Tags:

  2. Randy Rhine

    Randy Rhine Guest

    Along the same line, what about using the "thorn-proof"
    tubes I see in the bike catalogs. Though in this case, I'm
    not so sure they would've helped because ot appears they are
    thicker on the bottom & sides only.

    rr

    evsolutions wrote:
    > I had my 1st flat in years a few days ago (559mm Avocet
    > Cross) and had to do something I have not tried in years
    > (walk) the bent. I have never tried Slime and never
    > bothered reading about it...no flats kinda makes you think
    > you are bulletproof.
    >
    > IF I used Slime after my tire blew (95 psi), would the
    > Slime give me this much or nearly the much tire pressure.
    > I'd only need it to get home. I have long since given up
    > carrying a MAFAC kit with spare tubes & if SLIME does the
    > job...I'd try it.
    >
    > Joshua
    > ******
    >
    > PS had new spokes installed and the lbs skimped and
    > ignored the TUFFY....100 yards from the bike shop the
    > tube blew.

  3. Mike Beckett

    Mike Beckett Guest

    I use Slime in my 3 bikes and trailor and have done for
    several years. You can end up with multiple punctures and
    not know about it untill you change tube/tire ! I wouldn't
    go on a trip wihout it. Have to use Schrader valves and
    not Presta.

    Mike. Speed Ross BikeE RX

    > IF I used Slime after my tire blew (95 psi), would the
    > Slime give me this much or nearly the much tire pressure.
    > I'd only need it to get home. I have long since given up
    > carrying a MAFAC kit with spare tubes & if SLIME does the
    > job...I'd try it.

  4. Evsolutions

    Evsolutions Guest

    Thankyou...will try the Slime now/
    "Mike Beckett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I use Slime in my 3 bikes and trailor and have done for
    > several years. You can end up with multiple punctures and
    > not know about it untill you change tube/tire ! I wouldn't
    > go on a trip wihout it. Have to use Schrader valves and
    > not Presta.
    >
    > Mike. Speed Ross BikeE RX
    >

    > > IF I used Slime after my tire blew (95 psi), would the
    > > Slime give me
    this
    > > much or nearly the much tire pressure. I'd only need it
    > > to get home. I
    have
    > > long since given up carrying a MAFAC kit with spare
    > > tubes & if SLIME
    does