Snot

What do you do?

• Hankey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snot Rocket

Votes: 18 100.0%

• Total voters
snot rocket all the way. i mean, look at it like this, if you were in the middle of a race, would you stop, pull out a hanky and wipe your nose? no, you would not. that would be like committing racing suicide.

Some people like to use a hanky. How civil-I know what, how about afternoon tea & crumpets to go along with that. Some people like to spit, which is a less effective way of ridding yourself of that salty mucousy discharge. Only thing is you only get a partial snot extraction. Snot rocket (so aptly put) is the only way to go. You keep your hands free for more important things, like flipping off the a#$hole who just tossed a Mcdonalds bag full of leftover BigMac & biggie sized fries. The only drawback is a snotty should. That should wash right off with a stiff squirt of the water bottle.

And if anybody finds that red Chevy S-10, probably about a 96 model, please let me know. I have an almost empty McDonalds bag I would love to shove up his shaved blonde headed ass and then I would set it on fire.

pobserver03
Doesn,t matter what you ride, as long as you ride it!

def. snot rockets but
they have failed many times...rendering my top tube very icky after a race..

if my nose is running, i'll coem to a stop and just blow it (at the floor) and wipe nose with free hand and then wipe the floor.

i'll never blow while cycling, i've done it once and all my snot ended up covering my glove... i was so grossed out!

I've become fairly proficient at the snot rocket, but on an odd occasion, I'll end up with an "oyster" on my shoulder, or hanging off of my cheek. It's not pretty.

RossB said:
After several unsuccessful snot rockets - the rocket crashed on takeoff, very messy - I have discovered the solution!

I use a couple of large wristbands that tennis players use to absorb sweat, the ones that are about four inches long. They absorb a lot of snot, and can be rotated from time to time for more snot absorbancy. Sure beats the precarious removal of a hanky from the back pocket while riding at speed, and much better than an aborted snot rocket.

The only problem with the sweatband approach is the unpleasant tan line that you get.

Its called a "Bushie Blow" around here. But I would prefer that people kept their snot to themselves when cycling in a bunch. It really is uncivilised. So everyone should carry a hanky. And you should be able to use it without having to stop.

Before reading this thread, I had never tried the farmer's blow/asian hanky/sports blow/ snot rocket. I read the thread and tried it on my next ride. It works so much better than the hanky or the glove! I guess that makes me a "snot-rocket convert".