On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Crystal wrote:
;
;"Martha S. Gallagher" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
;news:[email hidden]...
;> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Crystal wrote:
;>
;> ;Now I want to lose more weight. I restarted Atkins following it to a T
;> just
;> ;like I did 1-1/2 years ago. I cannot lose a single ounce. I've checked
;> and
;> ;I'm not overdoing it on fatty food, I'm eating lots of allowed veggies
;> and
;> ;lean meats, fish, etc. Drinking the suggested amount of water. I even
;> added
;> ;some exercise though only walking daily. Still can't lose an ounce.
;> ;
;
;I have 80-100 pounds to lose. I've been back on Atkins 3 weeks with nothing
;to show for it. In a typical day right now I'll eat:
;
If you're female and menstruating, water gain can mask a non-trivial
amount of fat loss. I track my weight from lowest point after one cycle to
lowest point after the next. Since you've already been lowcarbing, you may
not get the water dump that people typically get when they start
lowcarbing. The good news is that everything you lose from now on will be
fat (well, and muscle of course).
;B - 1 hard boiled egg, and either 4 sausage links or an Atkins muffin
;
;L - Lean ham (not lunchmeat) or tuna wrapped in lettuce with 1/2 cup left
;over veggie from night before. Or a salad with hard boiled egg and low carb
;dressing
;
;D - lean meat (chicken breast, fish, hamburger patty) with one cup of some
;sort of veggie
;
;Snack - 2 ounce slice cheese or slice of summer sausage
;
;I don't think I'm eating much at all, not hungry though. Am I eating too
;lean for Atkins? The first time I did it I was eating a lot more fat like
;bacon and sausage
;
;
It looks to me like you're getting more than the 1200 - 1400 calories you
said in another post. Unless those sausages are tiny, they are calorie
rich. If you're 80-100lbs over goal, you probably don't have to start
eating really low calorie, but it's a good thing to have a handle on the
calories for how much you are eating.
I'd weigh and measure my food and enter everything into fitday.com (or a
pocket notebook).
Martha