So many people driving with mobile phones

"Simon Bennett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Stevie D wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, a ban on using hands-free mobiles would be nigh on
>> impossible to enforce

> You could ban the sale of said devices.

Ban the sale of mp3 players as well. then. And walkmans. And anything else
that a cyclist might put in his ear to reduce the use of his (some might say
"limited") senses. All of which he needs at maximum efficiency to know what
is going on around him. Just like car drivers. No more - no less.

ian henden wibbled on 07/09/2006 06:10 +0100:

> Ban the sale of mp3 players as well. then. And walkmans. And anything else
> that a cyclist might put in his ear to reduce the use of his (some might say
> "limited") senses. All of which he needs at maximum efficiency to know what
> is going on around him. Just like car drivers. No more - no less.

Better remove all the windows from the cars and buses then that insulate
the drivers from the sounds of what is going on around them too. The
local scallies should then be able to take care of removing the
distracting radios but I doubt they can do anything to shut the
passengers up.

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci