Soft tissue injury

Donna

Aug 27, 2003
On a recent ride I slipped from my cleats and hit the cross bar of the bike within a mater of 5 minutes I had a large swelling come up on the soft tissue area of my private parts. Have used ice and anti inflammtarys to help it clear. Now 10 days later most of the bruising and swelling has gone, but, I find that I have still got a swelling about the size maybe a bit smaller than a golf ball. This is in the soft tissue area below my pubic bone and towards the front and side of my private parts. When riding if I walt to get my hands anywhere other than the top of the bars it causes great pain & discomfort. Has anyone else suffered the same fate or got advice on how long this swelling may take to go away. I am on a 150km ride in 8 days and it is going to be a faily tough course so hoping to get it cleared up well before then.

::(

Originally posted by Donna
On a recent ride I slipped from my cleats and hit the cross bar of the bike within a mater of 5 minutes I had a large swelling come up on the soft tissue area of my private parts. Have used ice and anti inflammtarys to help it clear. Now 10 days later most of the bruising and swelling has gone, but, I find that I have still got a swelling about the size maybe a bit smaller than a golf ball. This is in the soft tissue area below my pubic bone and towards the front and side of my private parts. When riding if I walt to get my hands anywhere other than the top of the bars it causes great pain & discomfort. Has anyone else suffered the same fate or got advice on how long this swelling may take to go away. I am on a 150km ride in 8 days and it is going to be a faily tough course so hoping to get it cleared up well before then.

::(

when in doubt, call the doc.