South London Cycling Group??

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by ok, Jan 29, 2005.

  1. ok

    ok Guest

    Hi,
    I'm finding it difficult finding the sort of cycling group I would
    like to join. Perhaps someone knows of one?
    All the ones I can find on line look very hard core and train very
    early on Sunday mornings or appear to be rather competitive.
    Other groups I see cycling round Richmond Park at a time I consider
    reasonable appear to be active retired groups. Is there anything in
    the Putney/Richmond/Wimbledon for people who are reasonably fit who
    between 25-40ish age group and would like to go out at a reasonable
    time?

    Otherwise if anyone would like to join me drop me an email.

  2. mewthree

    mewthree Guest

    "ok" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi,
    > I'm finding it difficult finding the sort of cycling group I would
    > like to join. Perhaps someone knows of one?
    > All the ones I can find on line look very hard core and train very
    > early on Sunday mornings or appear to be rather competitive.
    > Other groups I see cycling round Richmond Park at a time I consider
    > reasonable appear to be active retired groups. Is there anything in
    > the Putney/Richmond/Wimbledon for people who are reasonably fit who
    > between 25-40ish age group and would like to go out at a reasonable
    > time?
    >
    > Otherwise if anyone would like to join me drop me an email.

    as some one that cycles on a sunday the only advice i can give you is don't
    let the time put you off, as early is the only option at this time of the
    year.

  3. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 29/1/05 4:48 pm, in article
    [email protected], "ok"
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    > and would like to go out at a reasonable
    > time?

    Try defining 'reasonable time'. For me a 7.30am start on a saturday and back
    in time for an early lunch would be entirely reasonable. 10am start
    returning mid afternoon would not be. Others mileage will vary
    considerably..

    ...d

  4. ok

    ok Guest

    Yeah but then I'd have to give up my nights out.

  5. Ningi

    Ningi Guest

    mewthree wrote:
    > "ok" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>I'm finding it difficult finding the sort of cycling group I would
    >>like to join. Perhaps someone knows of one?
    >>All the ones I can find on line look very hard core and train very
    >>early on Sunday mornings or appear to be rather competitive.
    >>Other groups I see cycling round Richmond Park at a time I consider
    >>reasonable appear to be active retired groups. Is there anything in
    >>the Putney/Richmond/Wimbledon for people who are reasonably fit who
    >>between 25-40ish age group and would like to go out at a reasonable
    >>time?
    >>
    >>Otherwise if anyone would like to join me drop me an email.

    > as some one that cycles on a sunday the only advice i can give you is don't
    > let the time put you off, as early is the only option at this time of the
    > year.

    Why is it the only option? Personally, I'd much rather start at 11am
    rather than the 7.30 - 9 that many clubs start at.

    Pete

  6. ok

    ok Guest

    Sounds like there's a gap in the market so to speak which is a shame.
    If anyone wants to cycle at a reasonable time at weekends starting from
    Wimbledon drop me an email.
    [email protected]

    Otherwise let me know of any non family groups that start around 11-12
    in SW London.

  7. mewthree

    mewthree Guest

    "Ningi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > mewthree wrote:
    >> "ok" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>I'm finding it difficult finding the sort of cycling group I would
    >>>like to join. Perhaps someone knows of one?
    >>>All the ones I can find on line look very hard core and train very
    >>>early on Sunday mornings or appear to be rather competitive.
    >>>Other groups I see cycling round Richmond Park at a time I consider
    >>>reasonable appear to be active retired groups. Is there anything in
    >>>the Putney/Richmond/Wimbledon for people who are reasonably fit who
    >>>between 25-40ish age group and would like to go out at a reasonable
    >>>time?
    >>>
    >>>Otherwise if anyone would like to join me drop me an email.

    >> as some one that cycles on a sunday the only advice i can give you is
    >> don't let the time put you off, as early is the only option at this time
    >> of the year.

    > Why is it the only option? Personally, I'd much rather start at 11am
    > rather than the 7.30 - 9 that many clubs start at.
    >
    > Pete

    my club starts at 09.30hrs, but they normaly start at 10.30hrs. when cycling
    around 40-50 miles with stops for lunch and waiting for people being late
    and people like me catching up during the ride, the earlier the start the
    better.

  8. Vivian

    Vivian Guest

    Go to the LCC website - http://www.lcc.org.uk/ and look in your borough.
    There are lots of cycling groups in South London.

    --
    Vivian
    -------

    "ok" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi,
    > I'm finding it difficult finding the sort of cycling group I would
    > like to join. Perhaps someone knows of one?
    > All the ones I can find on line look very hard core and train very
    > early on Sunday mornings or appear to be rather competitive.
    > Other groups I see cycling round Richmond Park at a time I consider
    > reasonable appear to be active retired groups. Is there anything in
    > the Putney/Richmond/Wimbledon for people who are reasonably fit who
    > between 25-40ish age group and would like to go out at a reasonable
    > time?
    >
    > Otherwise if anyone would like to join me drop me an email.

  9. Vivian

    Vivian Guest

    Click on this link.

    http://www.richmondlcc.co.uk/

    Vivian
    -------
    "We learned more from a three minute record than we ever learned in school".
    No Surrender

    "ok" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi,
    > I'm finding it difficult finding the sort of cycling group I would
    > like to join. Perhaps someone knows of one?
    > All the ones I can find on line look very hard core and train very
    > early on Sunday mornings or appear to be rather competitive.
    > Other groups I see cycling round Richmond Park at a time I consider
    > reasonable appear to be active retired groups. Is there anything in
    > the Putney/Richmond/Wimbledon for people who are reasonably fit who
    > between 25-40ish age group and would like to go out at a reasonable
    > time?
    >
    > Otherwise if anyone would like to join me drop me an email.

  10. Ningi

    Ningi Guest

    Vivian wrote:
    > Click on this link.
    >
    > http://www.richmondlcc.co.uk/

    No mention anywhere on this website about cycling groups, or am I
    missing something?

    Pete

  11. ok

    ok Guest

    I appear to be missing it too. I cannot find any Richmond rides. I have
    emailed them. Thanks for the link anyhow. Merton CC only do family
    rides which I have no interest in and that just leaves Kingston which
    is a bit of a trek.