Sportslegs, I tried it..

slyjackson

Jun 18, 2007
I have read a lot of positive stuff as well as negative stuff about sportslegs. This past week I purchased a couple of trial samples and used them for two club rides. I can actually say I did feel a diffrence in the hills and inclines and on the flats as well when I really had to "Crank it" to ride along with the "hammerheads".

I have never been able to ride with the "Hammerheads" since they start out with such a fast pace in the beginning of the ride and drop a lot of people who are slow in catching their second wind (like me).. I was able to put a little more ass into the pedals.

This feeling of no leg burn lasted about 12-14 miles after I then noticed that my leg muscels were starting to feel like the nomally do. So the stuff works but does not last long. Just wanted to share a bit of info about this stuff through direct experience.
thumbsup.gif

I have seen the stuff....what is in it? It is used to help block lactic acid??

Gymgurl said:
I have seen the stuff....what is in it? It is used to help block lactic acid??
Exactly, and it seems to work. Example, sunday I went up this hill on the route that I would normally use my 39/21t or 24t to go up. I normally approach it in my 39/17t and shift up to my 39/19t and so on as my cadence drops. Well I hit it on my 17t as I normally do and went all the way up. I was gasping for air at the top but my legs didnt burn nor did I feel I needed to change to a lower gear. Placebo effect? I don't know. But if my mind tells me I can do better because I took this stuff and I do, thats all that matters.:)

Someone was telling me that Beta-Alanine will do that same thing.....reduce the lactic acid....I was going to try someout and see...Hey if it works for you and you like it...Use it!!!!

Gymgurl said:
Someone was telling me that Beta-Alanine will do that same thing.....reduce the lactic acid....I was going to try someout and see...Hey if it works for you and you like it...Use it!!!!
I dont use sportslegs daily. I only use it on the weekends when I ride with the "Hammer Heads" in the club rides. These guys fly. I do not know what they use for suppliments or what type diet they or on, but they seem to be well fueled. and it's not an age thing either since two of the fastest guys are in their late 50's and eary sixties. it's amazing... we ride 30 milers and the first 15 miles I can hang wheel to wheel with them until we stop for the break at the 15 mile mark I fuel up with my bannana,orange juice and accelade concoction I blend together and bring along. I seem to have no problems staying with them on the last leg of the 30 miler now that I use sportslegs. Maybe I've got stronger, maybe it's the sportslegs, maybe it's all a mind of body thing.

I will check into "Beta-Alanine" and find out more info. It may be something that I can add to my Bannana juice concoction to help me with the ride back on my last leg. I would love to lead the pack at least once on this ride.:)