"Lee Lindquist" wrote: I've also noticed that it stains my pants. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Here's a tip: If you spray it INSIDE the waistband, the stains won't show, and your pants won't fall down.
But do they supply it in several flavors? I'm holding out for Thousand Island.
-- My email address is antispammed; pull WEEDS if replying via e-mail. Typoes are not a bug, they're a feature. Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.
No, but, my cross-country skiing alter-ego did hear a story (apocryphal?) about how someone put klister (a ski grip wax that is a sort of gel) on their car tires and immediately had MUCH better traction. The mechanics of how klister increases traction on ice and snow are well known. It has legendary durability, although it requires mineral spirits to remove. Be a bold adventurer, try it and let us know how it works!
No, but, my cross-country skiing alter-ego did hear a story (apocryphal?) about how someone put klister (a ski grip wax that is a sort of gel) on their car tires and immediately had MUCH better traction. The mechanics of how klister increases traction on ice and snow are well known. It has legendary durability, although it requires mineral spirits to remove. Be a bold adventurer, try it and let us know how it works!
Dear B.,
D'oh! I'd utterly forgotten what little I knew about strapping boards on my feet. I've no idea if this page is thrashing through the skiing equivalent of clinchers versus tubulars, but it looks promising:
No, but, my cross-country skiing alter-ego did hear a story (apocryphal?) about how someone put klister (a ski grip wax that is a sort of gel) on their car tires and immediately had MUCH better traction. The mechanics of how klister increases traction on ice and snow are well known. It has legendary durability, although it requires mineral spirits to remove. Be a bold adventurer, try it and let us know how it works!
Ah yes, I remember klister--from the days of wooden skis and iron men. The regular stuff came in a tube like toothpaste, but it was the most ennervatingly sticky stuff you could imagine. Recommeded reading before dealing with it was "The Tale of Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby." However with a positive mental attitude, a good putty knife and a propane torch, it could be satisfactorily distributed on the ski in a fairly thick layer, 2-3 mm. It was used for old coarse grained snow, and in those conditions you could really go--well like pedaling a bicycle (see cycling content). In powder it would instantly ice up. In more recent years as a sop to the wimpier practitioners, it became available in a spray can. I saw ad for it in a movie in Norway, which advertised that it was so easy even a Dane could apply it. The stuff in question might actually work, but I'd want to delegate the job of cleaning up the bike afterwards.