SQR Tour bag - ideas?

John Hearns

Guest
I recently bought a Carradice SQR Tour. The problem is that it rubs
against my rear wheel. The bike has a small compact road frame.
The bag only just catches the rear wheel, and would only need to be raised
half an inch. The support bracket is as high as it can go on the seatpost.

I know you are an inventive lot, so I'm looking for ideas.

John Hearns wrote:
> I recently bought a Carradice SQR Tour. The problem is that it rubs
> against my rear wheel. The bike has a small compact road frame.
> The bag only just catches the rear wheel, and would only need to be raised
> half an inch. The support bracket is as high as it can go on the seatpost.

> I know you are an inventive lot, so I'm looking for ideas.

Make a cinch strap, either with velcro or buckle adjustment. The SQR
frame is the anchor point, and then run webbing/tape from there under
the bag. By tightening up the strap you'll raise the base of the bag.

Robert is your parent's male sibling, etc.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Simon Brooke wrote:
> in message <[email protected]>, Peter Clinch
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
>> John Hearns wrote:
>>> I recently bought a Carradice SQR Tour. The problem is that it rubs
>>> against my rear wheel. The bike has a small compact road frame.
>>> The bag only just catches the rear wheel, and would only need to be
>>> raised half an inch. The support bracket is as high as it can go on
>>> the seatpost.
>>> I know you are an inventive lot, so I'm looking for ideas.

>> Make a cinch strap, either with velcro or buckle adjustment. The SQR
>> frame is the anchor point, and then run webbing/tape from there under
>> the bag. By tightening up the strap you'll raise the base of the bag.

> Or it that doesn't work, pass said strap under the bag and over your
> saddle rails.

Or the same but use a bungee with hooks on the end.

A madder idea is to get a second seat pillar to attach to the seat rails
so that it forms an upside-down V and attach the bag mountings to that.
You may need to cut it down a little.

--

JimP

" " - John Cage

In article <[email protected]>
John Hearns <[email protected]> wrote:
> I recently bought a Carradice SQR Tour. The problem is that it rubs
> against my rear wheel. The bike has a small compact road frame.
> The bag only just catches the rear wheel, and would only need to be raised
> half an inch. The support bracket is as high as it can go on the seatpost.

I'd try fitting a shim under the bracket to tip it up a bit.

John Hearns wrote:

> I recently bought a Carradice SQR Tour. The problem is that it rubs
> against my rear wheel. The bike has a small compact road frame.
> The bag only just catches the rear wheel, and would only need to be raised
> half an inch. The support bracket is as high as it can go on the seatpost.

Carradice sell a bracket that clips 'tween the bag and the seat post
clamp, to move the bag up & back.

or the cheapskate option: wedge something under the back of the lower
ring of the seat post clamp, so the clamp sits a little more vertically
relative to the seat post. The bag should then sit a little higher.

fine choice of bag btw, once sorted its the mutt's. :)