SRAM vs. Shimano DA cassettes

cycledogg

Guest
Hello,
I have not used a SRAM cassette with a Shimano drivetrain. I would
like to try a SRAM casssette with DA parts. Has anyone used SRAM
cassettes with Shimano and how well does it shift?
Cheers,
Rick in Tennessee

cycledogg wrote:
> Hello,
> I have not used a SRAM cassette with a Shimano drivetrain. I would
> like to try a SRAM casssette with DA parts. Has anyone used SRAM
> cassettes with Shimano and how well does it shift?
> Cheers,
> Rick in Tennessee

In 9 speed (my experience), fine, with an SRAM chain.

The Webcor pro team used SRAM 9 speed cassettes one year, with Dura-Ace. It
worked for them. That the cassettes are a bit heavier (no Ti) is the only
issue. The 12-26 is really nice, with a 3-tooth jump 23-26 instead of the
Shimano 23-25.

Dan

On Mar 5, 11:48 am, "cycledogg" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have not used a SRAM cassette with a Shimano drivetrain. I would
> like to try a SRAM casssette with DA parts. Has anyone used SRAM
> cassettes with Shimano and how well does it shift?
> Cheers,
> Rick in Tennessee

I've had good luck with 9-speed 12-26 SRAM units. Much less
expensive, to boot!

12-26 SRAM is my favorite cassette for my Shimano XT equiped MTB.