Stage 5: where's Mark Cavendish?

D.M. Procida

Guest
We've come to look forward to the Mark Cavendish section on the
highlights programme each evening -

"er, uh, yeah" <scratches nose, sniffs> "maybe, like, the team, er"
<pokes finger in eye, rubs face, puts glasses on> "today, uh, no-one,
no, uh, yeah" <scratches head, picks nose, takes glasses off> "yeah uh
no uh yeah er" <grimaces, sniffs, coughs, rubs head>

and tonight he wasn't on! Why not? Highlight of the highlights, is Mark
Cavendish!

Daniele

D.M. Procida wrote:
> We've come to look forward to the Mark Cavendish section on the
> highlights programme each evening -
>
> "er, uh, yeah" <scratches nose, sniffs> "maybe, like, the team, er"
> <pokes finger in eye, rubs face, puts glasses on> "today, uh, no-one,
> no, uh, yeah" <scratches head, picks nose, takes glasses off> "yeah uh
> no uh yeah er" <grimaces, sniffs, coughs, rubs head>
>

> and tonight he wasn't on! Why not? Highlight of the highlights, is Mark
> Cavendish!
>
> Daniele

Depressing, isn't it?

So many foreign riders seem passable or fluent in many languages other
than their own, and Mr Cavendish struggles valiantly with his mother tongue.

On Jul 12, 9:24 pm, [email protected] (D.M.
Procida) wrote:
> We've come to look forward to the Mark Cavendish section on the
> highlights programme each evening -
>
> "er, uh, yeah" <scratches nose, sniffs> "maybe, like, the team, er"
> <pokes finger in eye, rubs face, puts glasses on> "today, uh, no-one,
> no, uh, yeah" <scratches head, picks nose, takes glasses off> "yeah uh
> no uh yeah er" <grimaces, sniffs, coughs, rubs head>
>
> and tonight he wasn't on! Why not? Highlight of the highlights, is Mark
> Cavendish!

I think David Millar is another rider who does himself no favours by
his complete lack of interview technique. As for Geraint Thomas' video
diary - what utter tedium. ITV seem desperate to find things to show.
Any **** will do as long as it isn't the actual racing. :-(

--
Dave...