Stage Details - TDF 2006

trkdaze

Mar 29, 2006
My wife and I are going to be in France in early July and more particularly in Paris from July 4th to July 7th. As luck would have it, or more like how we planned our vacation, the Tour is passing north of Paris at the same time. Not that I need to tell anyone on this board.

What I was looking for was some details on what towns they are passing through for Stage 5. I have been able to locate it for the first two stages but nothing more. Are they still developing the specific route and this information will be available soon, or have I just not searched in the right place?

I really don't want to be at the beginning on and end stage. I was in Avignon for an end stage many years ago, and the excitment is great but 100 yards from the finish line is just a blur really. I am looking to get out in the country a bit and see it as it passes to get a different experience. I wanted to get a list of the towns and plot the expeted route so I can check on train travel from Paris to the town. Renting a car just seems to be too much of a hassle and $$$.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to get more involved with this board. I am just getting back into the saddle and this site seems to be just what I need to refresh my knowledge and desire about biking.

It's the BIG SECRET!

The full tour details are not released until early May. This is because there is a lot of money involved in towns buying the right for the Tour to pass through or near them. I assume the negotiations for payment go right up to the last minute.