Stealth (Wild) Camping in Belgium

stokell

Jan 20, 2005
I've posted a similar question in other regional sites. I am planning a tour of the North Sea Route starting in France and touring through Belgium into Netherlands.

I normally stealth camp, that is a camp out of sight in a wooded area that is unfenced, unimproved and unmarked as to trespass. Are there suitable spots along this route for me to do this? What do people in Belgium generally think about stealth camping?

Am amazed you haven't had a response as yet, when are you going? I'd love to follow your adventure, looking forward to doing my own tour in france and belgium next year and your info would be invaluable! will look out for your posts on crazy guy!

Elizabeth101 said:
Am amazed you haven't had a response as yet, when are you going? I'd love to follow your adventure, looking forward to doing my own tour in france and belgium next year and your info would be invaluable! will look out for your posts on crazy guy!
I'm probably going in the spring of 2007. I've been doing weather logs for Boulogne sur Mer and Den Helder to see which end to start from.

From the reaction to stealth camping on my Netherlands post, I think there is a lot of bad feelings about tourists who don't go to authorised campsites. From my experience I really don't fit in there, it is not a matter of money because I support the economy in other ways.

Just as an aside:
If you go to my journals and click on stealth camping, I did a weekend tour recently in the area called South Central Ontario. Many people come to Canada to do the Sea to Sea, but in this region and Quebec there are a number of nice, mostly off-road tours. Watch out for bears!